Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Rumours have started that Julian Ward is on his way to the toilet…

" Few join Manchester United after representing Liverpool and retain the affection of the Anfield faithful - just ask Michael Owen.

But that hasn’t deterred Sir Jim Ratcliffe from targeting a man influential to the success of the Merseyside club in the past decade. Julian Ward became a key figure at Liverpool after joining in 2012, initially as a scout, before later becoming technical director.

He then took the role of sporting director in the summer of 2022 following the departure of Michael Edwards, but left the club after just one season in the top job at the end of the 2022-23 campaign, citing a desire to take a break from football. But now he’s firmly in the running for the chief executive role at United, with Richard Arnold on the way out after 16 years at Old Trafford.

Before replacing Edwards, the 42-year-old played a significant role in one key signing, before overseeing four more in the 2022-23 campaign and then one last summer."

1 Like

Rather him than Edwards.

2 Likes

He never struck me as being some trailblazer, in what was expected from him

Which would probably re-open the rumours on why he left us when he did.

Apparently it was Ratcliffe that wanted Edwards first and foremost… maybe that is how Ward came into view…

Love the write ups this morning.

Seriously deluded.

1 Like

It’s like the past 10 years has been wiped from the worlds memory and suddenly a new dawn has arrived.

Fucking media love in

Well it’s been 3 days since they served up probably one of the worst performances of football I’ve seen this season against Westham.

Can’t wait for them to get pumped by Forest on Saturday :joy:

1 Like

You feel it’s coming especially with Nuno at the helm.

I love how they brought their own food.

https://x.com/JonChampionJC/status/1739751889393078551?s=20

Oddest thing is he was crapping on them on Saturday lunch time.

He literally spent the first 15 minutes saying how poor they were.

I can only blame myself for last night’s effort. First time I bothered to watch them in years outside of playing LFC and they woke up, and a tally put in half a performance.

Having punished myself with walking the dog in the pissing wind and rain I vow not to watch them again.

Man Utd’s second half comeback cost me £260 last night.
But worth every last penny if it means them hanging on to the dopey Dutchman for a while longer

1 Like

you made a £260 bet on Utd loss?

Ward to Utd - what an odd story. We don’t know how good a sporting director he could be as he was barely in that role for us long enough to tell. Yet the role this piece claims he is being touted for is the non-footballing role that would be the boss of the sporting director.

This is all just a big shrug for me. What Liverpool did well was partly personnel, but mostly it was a coherent structure that gave people clear briefs. The typical Utd way to do it would be to just hire a collection of well paid people and then expect them to figure it out, which is exactly what these stories are hinting at.

2 Likes

Erm no.
I’d have won £260 if they’d lost.
Could have cashed out for £200 at half time

oh, so you were just running parlay or something that cost you £10.

Utd should have stuck with Moyseh…

Ooooh I feel all warm and smuggly inside.

Gone from a new era to same old shite in less than 7 days

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

3 Likes