Those jammy fuckers down the M62

All they need is a powerful, strong striker. Lukaku would do just fine. :rofl:

Seriously, knowing Uniteds transfer policy they’ll sign Lewandovski in year or two for 70mil and 400k p/w and Benzema for a similar sum.

More xg in one game than we’ve had in the last 5.

2 Likes

fireworks GIF

Gary’s player to watch this season…

Onana.

FUCKING LOL

1 Like

Onana is very entertaining tbf! :wink:

2 Likes

To be fair I’ve enjoyed watching him.

2 Likes

Just pick up the phone, Wayne.

Erik is on shaky ground and Sir Jim is a lifelong liniment-sniffer.

You’ll be in the big chair by Thursday.

3 Likes

They were shocking in every game I saw and for some reason Sky played them a fair few times.

Rooney is a great shout to take over from Erik

‘He knows her inside out.’

She must be a grandmother.

Amirite??

Utd have contacted Timo Werner…

Please. Stop.

I can’t take it anymore.

Happy Jon Gabrus GIF by truTV

4 Likes

I am really not sure why they thought a MLS manager who was not good enough for a last place DC United side with a WDL of 14-14-25 would be able to keep his head above water in the Championship. MLS is still marked by teams without the tactical sophistication to play paper-scissors-rock, but DC United was thought of as one of the worst in that regard this past season.

1 Like

I think the narrative is that he did a good job in Derby.

It’s ok…Mason Mount will be returning from injury soon…

Laugh So Hard Life Of The Party GIF by HULU

1 Like

An extremely difficult situation, to be sure, but one which may have emphasized some of his strength’s, while reducing expectations in relation to his weaknesses.

1 Like

True.

Also think ex players turned coaches run the risk of being one trick pony’s when their plan A is found out.

Not all top footballers are known for being deep thinkers of the game.

I have believed for a long time that the best coaches are not likely to be the best players. Good coaches understand all the little steps, tricks, and adjustments that players and teams need to be making. Many elite athletes are making those so naturally they are scarcely aware of all the little things they are doing, that is often what makes them elite. When it comes time to teach, they often struggle with that minimal awareness, they assume others are also going to be doing things they take as basic.

2 Likes

Caveat - There seems to be a fairly considerable exception for CMs, often deep lying ones, whose strengths were more in the way they read the game than their physical tools - Ancelotti, Pep, Deschamps (maybe). Not many will remember them as players but Trapattoni, Del Bosque and Capello were similar sorts of players, and more recently Xavi and Alonso

There is also the Berserker types like Simeone and Conte who figured out how to channel the rage they played the game with productively in a way that coaxes something special out of their players rather than just blowing on them the way Keane did.

5 Likes

Oh, definitely. Players like Alonso were never great because of their speed, it was a combination of technical mastery (likely from long hours of work) and their intelligence. That sets up well for translating into coaching. As for players like Simeone and Conte, it probably shows they were smarter as players than most of us understood at the time.

Always felt Alonso was an intelligent player. There are fair few in our squad now.

Those players who can read the game usually do well.