Those jammy fuckers down the M62

It’s not as if Shaw is going to be fit for the end of the season. There’s every chance for both him and Malacia to break down again.

Regulion is a crap left back but he could do a job as a backup winger who can track back.

I think the key takeaway from this is that for every Haaland and possibly Szoboszlai who adapt to the EPL quickly , there are much touted talents like Werner , Havertz , Sancho , Keita who find the physicality of EPL too much and don’t adapt /succeed.

Clubs should be wary about taking midfielders/attackers from the Bundesliga.

Quote - Redcafe
It’s amazing but United have chased Sancho / Antony in the same way that Real Madrid chased Ronaldo and Bellingham, or Liverpool chased VVD etc as all or nothing signings. Those players exist but are very very rare and right now United won’t be in the market for them.

ha ha laughing GIF

1 Like

I’d rather say that players adapt quickly, or adapt slowly. And then you have the successes and the failures. I wouldn’t call Havertz a failure for instance. But he certainly adapts more slowly than others. Werner on the other hand was a failure without doubt.

Sancho is a mystery though, at least for me. How can such a talented young player go to such a waste, just by changing clubs? I can’t for the life of me understand what happened there. I know that the red mancs have been a bit shite recently, but that isn’t reason enough. A drug problem maybe?

Pick Me I Know GIF by Jackie James

I know this one…

Fernandes

1 Like

The Club in question is United. 90% of the players who play have regressed badly there.

It’s a coaching issue and one which has been seen under multiple coaches.

1 Like

The difference between being surrounded by structure, accountability, leadership… and not. Particularly if there’s a kernel of truth to the rumors about his own poor habits.

2 Likes

An oil state is the place for him. He’s all about supercars, private jets, jewellery and all that superficial instagram horseshit. He’s probably just bored.

2 Likes

Egotism.

Thinking he had already made it and so stopped putting in the required work thay got him there in the first place.

How different things may have turned out had he gone to us with a very clear and obvious club culture is debatable but you know guys like Milner Henderson and Virgil would not have put up with him not working his arse off, so it would then cime down to his mentality. At Utd who is there pushing others to set a minimum standard at the club?

2 Likes

Bruno.

It’s a race to the bottom.

1 Like

Club exercises their option on Wan-Bissaka, which is one of those interesting decisions they seemingly keep getting trapped in. Has not proved worth his transfer fee, but he is one of the very few ManU players not ludicrously overpaid - he is just paid too much for what he delivers on the field, not unimaginably more than anyone else at his position in the league. Manager doesn’t rate him enough to start him consistently, though he plays most of the matches.

So logically enough, he is in line to get a 50% wage so they can keep him.

1 Like

There are cultures that can develop that encourage that.

At the nadir of Welsh rugby in the 90s there had developed this idea that one of the universities in Cardiff, what was then called UWIC, was the destination for the country’s best young players. There was a point where almost the entire U19s side was selected from UWIC students. It started organically, but definitely by the time I was making decisions about universities the WRU had started trying to use the trend to treat it as kind of a centre of excellence and make it known that you were more likely to get your youth cap if that was where you chose to go to uni. It coincided with a massive downturn in form of the youth side and failure to graduate players from it into the senior side. Rather than a centre of excellence, they created a situation in which the best young talent in the country peaked at 18 as they were content to pat themselves on the back with the premature congratulations of having “made it” while spending key development years getting outrageously drunk.

1 Like

Good enough to have. But isn’t going to improve beyond a particular point.

Oddly enough , I do think he’s made some minor improvements in attacking play. He’s never going to be a Trent or even someone like Robbo, but he’s not the main problem for United. Not even in the top 10 player related problems. They need him to stick around for a year or two till they revamp their squad.

I guess the same can be said about Shaw(in terms of not justifying his transfer fee) and just about any player in United’s squad who aren’t Bruno or Garnacho (considering he was bought for peanuts)

Timo Werner ?

You just love to see it :joy:

The problem is that he has not even defended particularly well while there. Accepting less attacking talent than you thought you were getting (because lets be honest, no one spends bit money on a defensive only FB) is one thing if he was still holding down his end at the back. But he isn’t. He is as culpable as the rest of them for being a joke of a defense during his time there.

Shaw is a very different situation. Outside the borderline bullying he was subjected to by Jose and hjis injury problems, he has actually been a stand out when fit and selected by other managers. I think to many though he is still tarnished by the things Jose implied about him and the overall shitness of Utd

1 Like

Havertz would probably have done very well if he had come to Liverpool instead of Chelsea. I think there were comparisons between him and Bobby at some stages as well.

But you’re right, he’s not a failure but neither is he a success.

He wouldnt be able to play for City/Liverpool or any side playing a high defensive line.

For a fat lad with hamstrings made of biscuits, he’s physically very impressive. His speed and strength are some of his best traits. For as long as he was fit to play, he’d be excellent in a side that defended like that.

Assuming he isnt a toxic presence, and there no real indication that is the case…just a bit thick…he is one the few players a new manager could inherit and use to take them back into contention for titles.

1 Like