Those jammy fuckers down the M62

you rang? :laughing:

Think Shaw is fine when heā€™s fit. Reguilon also looked decent the few times I saw him for United. Dalot is good enough to be part of a successful squad at least. The rest are a bit meh.

Shaw is *okay when fit. Heā€™s a skillful football player, but often doesnā€™t get the basics right. For all the shit TAA gets about ā€œnot being able to defendā€, Shaw should get it in equal measure. He bombs forward a lot on overlaps, but leaves his side wide open for counters.

Reguilon is a shit footballer. He looked okay in his first match or two with united, then reverted to type. Dalot is an absolutely braindead footballer who is a complete liability. he pops up with the odd goal or assist from a cross, but his all-around ghame is atrocious.

2 Likes

Someone send this to Goldbridge.

1 Like

Thereā€™s definite truth to that - the Glazers get to keep a majority of the profits while all the blame for poor footballing decisions go to Ratcliff from now on. But thereā€™s a lot wrong in that article about the generalities of foreign ownership.

What American investors believe is that European football is under-commercialized compared to American sports franchises. Football is the most popular sport on earth, so - these American investors ask - why are the top clubs not valued the same as NFL franchises? NFL franchises trade for 9x revenue. Top PL clubs trade at 5-6x turnover. Thatā€™s the same as NBA and MLB franchises. The Glazers would sell if they think they can maximize both revenues and valuation. If someone valued ManU at Ā£10 billion, theyā€™d sell completely. Same with FSG.

However, the motives between FSG and the Glazers are different. The Glazers see ManU as a cash cow. FSG sees LFC - and all of their sports franchises - as brands to build and grow, preferably integrated under one umbrella. Thatā€™s why theyā€™ve never taken a dime out of LFC whereas dividends of roughly Ā£300 million have been paid out to ManU shareholders over the past decade.

ManU are in a tough spot. Unlike LFC, ManU has been run at a loss, financed by debt and now investment. The Glazers are betting on higher turnover in the future to pay down that debt. If that doesnā€™t happen, it could cripple the club for years to come.

5 Likes

Guess Timo didnā€™t want to repeat the mistake he made by joining Chelsea.

Tottenham is a good decision for him. But bullet dodged for us.

2 Likes

I think he only has two goals in six Bundesliga matches this season

Would be worth the risk for a loan move for them to be fair.

See if it was Chelsea or the league.

1 Like

Rashford = English Havertz

A gem from Redcafe

Reguilon is probably the best reserve left back weā€™ve had the club since Heinze deputised for Evra.

:roll_eyes:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1744484059823173782

1 Like

ā€œCleverā€ for a Man U player; ā€œdiveā€ for a Liverpool player.

He clearly left his foot behind there to create the contact.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1745049665261731951

Sancho to Dortmund looks all but done - and interestingly no option to buy included in the deal. Just the measly loan fee. No doubt, Dortmund would never ā€œrefundā€ United for Sancho.

I wonder if United havenā€™t tried to sell him as Erik is unlikely to last much longer given the teams performances and the arrival of Jimbo into the club. Of course, they will always struggle to recoup Ā£75m for a player thatā€™s not played for a long while.

My gut it Sancho will be playing for United next season under a new manager and he will be vastly improved.

Lets hope United carry on in a similar way going forward - I was a big fan of them signing Pogba for Ā£100m, to then just let him go back to Juve for free, as well as slapping down close to Ā£100m for Maguire and then another Ā£100m on Anthony.

2 Likes

I suspect the sale number was just too awkward to discuss. Sancho is out of contract in June 2026, so still has some sale value, but based on recent events, that would not be a number anywhere near as big as what ManU paid. Even if they do move him, they will be far better off doing so in June after he has been playing for Dortmund.

2 Likes

Onana is somehow got additional dispensation for delaying his arrival with Cameroon so he can play in the league game against Spurs this weekend. He was already supposed to have left before the FA cup game on Monday, and now will miss Cameroonā€™s first game.

This is all with the blessing of Cameroon, the same association that required Joel get a worldwide suspension for not responding to a call up after having not played for them for over 12 months and retiring.

2 Likes

Was mentioned elsewhere on the forum - canā€™t remember who said it, but Cameroon know heā€™s the No.1, and from a tactical and readiness perspective, GKā€™s donā€™t need to be there in reality, unlike outfield players.

The sucker punch for Cameroon will come if Onana picks up an injury playing these extra games.

My view - Onana is a mistake waiting to happen, so the more he plays for United, the more chance their form stays below par.

1 Like

Secret footage from the latest Utd transfer negotiationsā€¦

shut up and take my money GIF

3 Likes

I love this circus as much as the next bloke, but surely they cannot keep being this shit behind the scenes?

Itā€™s like they actually let that World Cup octopus make their transfer decisions.

1 Like

The arrival of INEOS will be an interesting watch, but its certainly not going to mean instant results.

Like all things, it takes time to build a decent project, and really does require the right person at the helm from both a sporting operations perspective and the manager . Football is a results business, and often the managers that come in want their own players, and if they donā€™t get results they get canned, not the players (Sancho aside).

We have seen this already with Chelsea - Poch has been in less than 6 months and is crying for signings, with Chelsea having already spent Ā£1bn in the last 3 windows. No doubt some of the signings that came in before him will be cast off at a loss. If Chelsea go and spend more this window, and results donā€™t improve, itā€™ll all start again.

So the hope is, United stick with Erik for a while, they finish outside the CL, but somehow give Erik another Ā£200m to spend, it all goes tits up and heā€™s out by October, and they then have to re-set, and do it wrong.

We went 30 years without a title - hopefully they go for a while yet - currently closing in on 11 since their last one.

2 Likes

Alright thatā€™s enough of that. I will not hear any World Cup octopus slander.

That magnificent mollusk won me Ā£240, the cunt.