Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Premier League Football GIF by KICK

Hello! Helloooo!

Brendan Rodgers Wow GIF by DAZN

He must have meant geographicallyā€¦

Pllleeeaaasssseeee

Alan Pardew always reminds me of the ex-girlfriendā€™s dad who was a massive bellend. Weā€™ve all had one. Nice girl, maybe you loved her, but you canā€™t be dealing with that for the rest of your life.

Legend.

I actually met him onceā€¦

He seemed pleasant enough. He was holding court a bit mind.

2 Likes

There is that famous story about him not fancying his dinner, so just reaching over and swapping it with one of his coaches, before saying to the journalist present ā€˜I can do that, cos Iā€™m the main manā€™.

Tuchel interested in the United job, as well as Chelsea - unfinished business.

I do hope Tuchel comes back - another one that fries players brains pretty quick. Like a Jose on speed he is.

2 Likes

Did he actually say Manchester United as itā€™s a bit disrespectful

Oh, look, what a surprise, Tuchel being a prick

2 Likes

Tuchel to United weirdly makes all kinds of sense in my messed up head.

2 Likes

He suits them.

Basil Fawlty will get a tune out of them, unfortunately. Still, he lacks the character to stay for long. He will be fighting others around the 12-18 month mark.

Tommy Tukes wonā€™t get them challenging, whether you think so or not. The squad is bloated with bang average players or past-it/crocked players on massive wages. United need a manager/sporting director who can lay out a 3-5 year plan and stick to it, because the first season or two are going to be grim.

Tuchel canā€™t do that, because heā€™s an arsehole, and outside of Pep/Klopp, Iā€™m not sure there are many managers who have enough credit in the bank to manage through 2-3 seasons of mixed results without the fans turning on them. Thatā€™s one thing Iā€™ll say for Liverpool fans, we tolerated a lot from managers over the years with the exception of Hodgson and probably Souness. Evans got plenty of leway from fans, as did Houllier and Benitez, even though they werenā€™t always delivering great results for us. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how that goes in a post-Klopp world with Xitter and Youtube and Tik Tok being so prevalent now.

5 Likes

I dont know. Other than Moyes, all of their post-Fergie lot have been given decent time before being bounced out. But they all failed not just because results werent where an unrealistic fan base needed them to be, but because without exception they all failed to demonstrate any sort of growth and development that would give fans or the board faith that it was worth sticking with.

Klopp finished 8th his first season, but only a fool looked at the side that ended that season and didnt think we were both much improved and it was clear what we were trying to do. Critically, that progression continued on through the following season and the evidence was strengthening all the time, even if the results were patchy and a 4th placed finish was earned by the skin of our teeth. So for me, it wasnā€™t just that Klopp had credit in the bank to take his time to get the results up, but he showed very clear progression all along the path to his eventual success.

6 Likes

We could have accepted the losing, even fucking Northampton. It was the kowtowing to his perceived betters to preserve his own ego that broke the relationship.

1 Like

Almost every decision from Hodgson seemed poor either in reality or perception. The selling of Laurie Della Valle (sp?) Was one that stuck in my mind - like Pacheco for Benitez, a player in the junior ranks fans had taken a shine to and couldnt understand why he was bundled out the club in the way he was.

Pacheco was with us until 2013, how Rafa managed to have an influence on our transfers for so long is beyond me.

Mind you, Lauri Dalla Valle didnā€™t do that well with his subsequent career either, so maybe it might have been the one decent decision Hodgson made, if not for the fact that it was to buy Paul Konchesky.