Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Check out the Utd bench if you need a laugh.

What we need to remember and understand with these young transfers and players at a massive club like Liverpool, a large majority of them wonā€™t make it at such a club. Even those who get themselves high enough to earn a few chances through a combination of merit and circumstances (team being in a problematic period like ours in early 10ā€™s or injury crisis). Your career between the age when youā€™re still a kid and early 20ā€™s can go in many different ways. Sometimes not even surviving as a pro footballer anymore (I think Dalla Valle stopped football relatively early).

Didnā€™t even need to go that far. I got as far as Evans and Lindelof and was pissing myself laughing

Redcafe will be livid at Rashford there.

Had Garnacho I think who was free and Rashford decides to go for the glory shot.

Rashford plays as though he forcing Utd to sell him with him appearing blameless to the fans once he leavesā€¦
Any footballer that goes out onto the field of play, intent on following his own agenda and ignoring tactics, or good footballing logic, to me anyway, is a player that no longer wants to be part of that club.

1 Like

I meant that fans were quite excited about both Pacheco and LDV, whether or not it was warranted by their ability. Pacheco never really got a look in to first team games under Rafa (probably because he wasnt good enough) but many fans questioned him for that. Likewise LDV was quite successful in our youth team, and seeing him go so ā€˜cheaplyā€™ seemed odd at the time. As i said earlier it was the perception, not necessarily whether the decisions were correct.

To be fair , Brendan let Suso go too. Another guy who could have been a useful guy for us.

2 Likes

Finishing higher than sixth is going to be a big stretch for them, and probably wonā€™t happen. And therein lies the problem. They have spent loads of money and they are crap, relatively speaking. Not one of the worst in the Prem, but crap compared to what they would expect, given their stature and money.

They played on the counter attack against Everton at home, and gave up 23 shots. If ETH is manager next season I will eat my hat.

Yeah, and Adam Hammill? it happens with most, if not all managers but i struggle with Hodgson to remember any positives at all.

1 Like

Thatā€™s partly why Iā€™m pointing that out. Fansā€™ perceptions can often be out of touch with reality. We can joke all we want about the Klopp Kindergarten, but if weā€™re honest with ourselves, until this season only Alexander-Arnold, Jones and Kelleher had made any lasting impact with the first team.

Itā€™s quite something to beat someone over the head with oneā€™s own perception if it differs with the reality of the situation.

3 academy graduates becoming first team members is a large number.

And youā€™re forgetting Elliot btw though I suppose he wonā€™t come under Academy trained.

1 Like

I already alluded to it my initial post though

Iā€™m not disputing that, but we only really just started celebrating the academy proper in the last few weeks.

@SBYM that VP89 guy on the Caf, is just a WUM, right?

Heā€™s ETH in, so probably.

I reckon he and old mate would get on like Fat Sam and a full English.

1 Like

Yeah. Supreme wind up merchant.

Itā€™s the self loathing posts which make visits to Redcafe so nice.

1 Like

Just seen ETH expects Maguire to be back next week :melting_face:

Back from what though?