Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Don’t worry. It will all go up in flames :fire: once they hire Tuchel.

1 Like

Jose Mourinho Agree GIF by AS Roma

3 Likes

“Wilcox did an excellent job at Southampton”…

He’s had the job for barely 1 year, how is it possible to judge if a DOF did an excellent job in such a short space of time.

Since they’ve appointed him they signed…

Kamaldeen Sulemana (20) for 25m - he’s played 1/4 of available minutes this season. 0 goals, 3 assists.
Paul Onuachu (28) for 18m - Currently on loan at Trabzonspor after making no impact on the first team.
James Bree (25) for 850k - Played 24% of available minutes. 0 goals, 1 assist.
Shea Charles (19) for 12m - Played 36% of available minutes. 0 goals, 0 assists.
Ross Stewart (27) for 9m - Played 1% of available minutes. 0 goals, 0 assists.
Ryan Manning (27) on a free - Played 73% of available minutes. 0 goals, 2 assists.
Joe Lumley (28) for free - Played four times in the FA Cup but in fairness was signed as a backup.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis (21) on loan - Played 92% of available minutes. 2 goals, 2 assists.
David Brooks (26) on loan - Played 48% of available minutes. 2 goals, 3 assists.
Mason Holgate (27) on loan - Played 13% of available minutes. 0 goals, 0 assists.
Flynn Downes (25) on loan - Played 68% of available minutes. 1 goal, 2 assists.
Ryan Fraser (29) on loan - Played 42% of available minutes. 6 goals, 1 assists.
Joe Rothwell (29) on loan - Played 28% of available minutes. 4 goals, 0 assists.

Clearly you can see by the fees involved he has been hamstrung by the budget at Southampton but even so from 13 signings he’s found two first team regulars (Harwood-Bellis, Manning) and a handful of squad fillers (Downes, Brooks, Fraser, Charles).

In terms of sales…
Romeo Lavia for 62m
Tino Livramento for 37m
James Ward-Prowse for 34m
Nathan Tella for 23m
Mohamed Salisu for 15m
Carlos Alcarez on loan (3m fee)
Moussa Djenepo for 3.5m
Mislav Orsic for 2.4m
Armel Bella-Kotchap on loan (2m fee)
Duje Caleta-Carr on loan (1.5m fee)
Paul Onuachu on loan (1.5m fee)
Mohamed Elyounoussi for free
Dan Nlundulu for free
Ibrahima Diallo undisclosed fee
Romain Perraud on loan
Lyanco on loan
Mateusz Lis on loan

So he’s obviously managed to extract good money for much of their squad. Selling to Chelsea and Newcastle last summer was like taking candy from a baby though so I’m not sure how much credit that deserves. He arguably mishandled the Ward-Prowse transfer by letting that drag on into the middle of August which probably caused the ill advised signings of Rothwell and Downes who don’t look good enough.

He did appoint Russell Martin which looks a decent decision so far, they’re in the playoff places but not really pushing for automatic promotion. In fairness to Martin he had all his good players get sold by Wilcox so he had to deal with that.

Like I say he’s had the job for barely a year (appointed late January 2023, although technically he started in the summer I am assuming he started earlier in a similar way to Edwards and Hughes here). His signings have largely failed in their early careers at Southampton - an average of 35% of minutes played between them. He did maximise profit, or at least it seems he did, for many of the sales but it would be dishonest not to point out that there were unusual circumstances created by Chelsea and Newcastle in 2023 that made selling to them a very simple task. Has he done a bad job? Too early to tell, maybe some of those players come good in the last quarter of the season. Has he done an ‘excellent’ job? That seems a stretch, honestly. He’s appointed a manager who has done alright, he’s sold players and made over 100m profit in one year but with it he got rid of much of the talent at the club and replaced it with players who were cast offs from PL teams.

Edit: Not that fans are a beacon of knowledge or anything but looking at some Southampton forums and they are saying he should have been fired already for the job he’s done. Don’t think they’ll exactly be crying to see the back of him. https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/59800-jason-wilcox/page/9/#google_vignette

5 Likes

His top four signings, totalling £65m, have flopped :laughing:. No wonder United is convinced that he is the man.

1 Like

Southgate, the final piece of the puzzle.

Come on Sir Jim. You know it makes sense!

2 Likes

Hopefully he continues with these sorts of deals - paying huge money (for the club) on a player that is meant to be at peak playing years and has good numbers in a small league, but then fails to make the step up.

Oh, and also please give them a huge 5 year deal with an option to extend (by either side) in the final year.

I’m not sure how much of that deal falls on his shoulders as I think it happened around the same time Wilcox arrived at the club. And was promptly moved in the following window (although maybe that was a wages thing?)

Looking at Onuachu’s figures, it is a bit surprising as he seems to have scored and assisted where ever he has gone except Southampton.

Bwahahahahahaha

1-0 down after four minutes.

2 Likes

Just wondered who they were playing. Ah, what a pity they can’t both lose.

1 Like

Just saw a comment on the BBC feed about the ManU-Chelsea match - did not realize De Gea was still without a club.

It was of course related to Onana’s efforts in this match.

1 Like
1 Like

This is incredible

United allowed another 28 shots on their goal here. They have conceded 20+ shots in seven of their last eight Premier League games and they’ve conceded 225 total shots in 2024, the highest number in the Premier League.

1 Like

I was pretty ill last night.

The funniest Utd performance since 7-0 and I was too sick to appreciate it.

FFS

4 Likes

How many viewers does this clown get?
Never understood the fascination of watching a random bloke filming himself in his mums basement

1 Like

Or of Liverpool supporters posting this bollocks on a Liverpool forum.

4 Likes

Agreed.
At your age, yours must be near knee height.
Scary thought

2 Likes

Is this how you normally laugh then :thinking: ? You must be a hoot at parties…

Is this you by any chance?

2 Likes

Haha @SBYM

2 Likes

Ooooooohhhhh!!! He’s done you there @cynicaloldgit. Made you look a proper cunt. Give the man his due, he’s absolutely fucking buried you there mate.

2 Likes

Meh. I’m past caring what people think of me.

1 Like