Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Raphael Varane’s leaving United at the end of this season - contracts up.

That’s £340k a week saved for them - may be able to get the gutters replaced now, or probably give Bruno a contract extension and payrise…

They could do a lot of good with that money but you just know they’ll bring in 1 crap defender and give the likes of Maguire , Rashford and Bruno salary increases.

The safety aspect of their stadium is a worthy talking point.

I laugh at them as much as the next red, and they have been so poorly run it has been unbelievable. But streams and waterfalls aside, it is not difficult to imagine a chunk of the roof coming down on the fans and it could easily lead to fatalities.

If we have learned anything through the various stadium disasters it is surely to take the safety of the match going fan seriously. Someone, somewhere, will have been in authority to issue, or not, a safety certificate. Whoever that is, I bet they don’t want their name on it at this point.

If the mid to longer term goal is a new or significantly upgraded stadium, however they tackle it, the relevant authorities need to show some backbone and make them fix it this summer - not a brand new stadium as that is not feasible in a summer - but sufficient work on it to make it safer for fans.

If not, no safety certificate, and you either play behind closed doors, or with huge sections closed off. Welcome to Old Toilet Jimbo!

2 Likes

For all of the LOLs about the performance on the field I don’t think there is a bigger, more tangible illustration of the rot caused by the glazers than what has happened to the Stadium. In the early 2000s right after one of their expansions was finished they held a CL final and did so to rave reviews about how impressive a stadium it was. In the same period when Wembley was closed they hosted probably around half of England’s games. Yet today they don’t even get any Euro 2028 games despite it being able to get in 15-20 thousand more punters than the two stadiums in the N of England that were selected.

That sort of ownership where it is done while siphoning money out of the company for personal profit should be illegal.

1 Like

This tickled my funny bone more than it really should have

Get Involved - Varane to leave Man Utdpublished at 13:43

13:43

#bbcfootball, via WhatsApp on 03301231826 or text 81111 (standard network charges apply)

United have had a lot of injury-prone players over the last decade or so. Kicking off with “Sick Note” Saha, we end with Martial and Varane.

Mike

I hate to break it to you, Mike, but Louis Saha left Manchester United 16 years ago. A tad more than a decade. Makes me feel old, too…

They are sort of lucky when it rained to be fair.

Reminds me of those schools and that concrete. If the rain season had hit just weeks later you may have had a fatality.

Newcastle fan on Twitter, asking for any spares in the away end.
Some lad said he had 2 spares, but only for the shallow end.

1 Like

Varane, send off this weekend.

DDG, get the fuck out, nothing for you!!

:thinking:

To be honest, I’m surprised that it took them this much time to link either him or Carrick with Man United job. They are both up-and-coming young managers, they will either go down that route or try to appoint Tuchel.

1 Like

If I’m Kieran McKenna I’m telling United to fuck off, and concentrating on the forthcoming PL season with Ipswich - why would he walk away after successive promotions - six years of hard work to bring them back to the PL - fuck yeah I’d be wanting to lead that team out.

He’s 38 years old - plenty of time for a stint at United.

1 Like

Playing beside Jonny Evans

2 Likes

McKenna has “the Utd DNA.” He understands Manchester United. He is the smart choice

In all seriousness, success as a football manager is pretty capricious. There is a lot that can go wrong that is outside your control and once a young manager has taken a reputational hit it can be difficult to get the right opportunities necessary to rebuild your standing. For Ipswich, if they can do as well as Luton did this year they will have done very well and so the odds are stacked on them being closer to Burnley (hopelessly out of their depth) than Luton (plucky fighters who were not good enough, but gave everyone a hard time) and him being faced with conversations that he “found his level” at the top end of the championship. If he’s getting good offers now he’d be wise to consider them

2 Likes

Haven’t they had about 3 managers

who have “understood” the Man Utd DNA already.

Don’t you all mean DNR?

United has slipped below Sandcastle and Bottlejobs :rofl:

Is it raining up there today. Could do with another laugh.

FIFY

1 Like

As this feeble era-ending season crawls into a corner and dies, some schadenfreude might be in order:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

It should be end of an error. But yet Man U is the error that keeps erring, to the entertainment of everyone else

1 Like