Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Utd do not fire managers. It is not the Utd way

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had 1 reply and 0 likes in 15 posts.

Theyā€™re not my audienceā€¦

5 Likes

Feels like Ratcliffe and co. didnā€™t want the headache of winning the cup tomorrow.

Backup on the way.

2 Likes

I am not that bothered who wins this final, but a part of me wants Man Utd to win it, just to make their fanbase even more against Ratcliffe & co.
Also I have alot of respect for Sir Matt Busby, he was a good friend of our Shankly and he played for Liverpool in his younger years.

it seems as though Mubs is to high brow and intellectual for the Cafe

1 Like

reading through the cafe thread I found this gem

Yesterday at 14:56

Insanity

Most apt username 2015

Is this guy reliable? Could be a City plant to derail us before the cup final for all we know.

Hahaha.

Man City plant to derail Utd before the cup final?

Iā€™ve smoked some weird shit in my life, but Iā€™ve never smoked anything that has given me that sort of trip

7 Likes

So now weā€™re 51-47 ahead in terms of total major trophies.

3 Likes

https://x.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1794465320557518936

1 Like

Thereā€™s a poll on Sky Sports, should Man Utd stick with Ten Hag, after FA Cup win? Yes or No. I voted Yes :+1:

7 Likes

A cup is nice, and to be fair they played well today.

But thereā€™s the rub. The true picture of your level is where you stand in the league. 8th is simply not good enough. For a club of their stature, not to mention the money they have spent, top four should be a basic prerequisite, and if it is going well, they should hope for a title challenge.

8th is terrible.

I actually think that the players did that for themselves today. Big game, get up for it, win a trophy. But a league campaign is a long hard slog. And thatā€™s where you need a top manager to lead the group. For whatever reason, there doesnā€™t appear to be very much synergy or warmth with Ten Hag and his players.

They should sack him, but obviously I hope they donā€™t as heā€™s not up to it.

1 Like

Them getting into Europe is a relief. A bunch of shitty games on Thursday for them, Chelsea and Tot is perfect.

2 Likes

So, all the so-called Big Six got into Europe next season, the ManUre through the side door at expense of wannabe-but-cannotbe Sandcastle. Itā€™s good as can be.

1 Like

If there was one club Iā€™d never think would be interested in Greenwood, it was Dortmund. This is very much out of character for them. And if Man United get that much money for him, thenā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s the Telegraph, so itā€™s highly likely to be bollocks.

3 Likes

Itā€™s Ducker, I genuinely donā€™t know a better source for Man United news. Heā€™s a biased git but one with extremely good connections within the club.

I donā€™t believe itā€™s out of character for Dortmund.

Klopp if he was at Dortmund would never take damaged goods like Greenwood. But Dortmund , quite simply see a profit to be made. They can get Greenwood on the cheap , make him play in the Bundesliga and then sell him for a profit 2 years down the line.

4 Likes

There is a related piece about his rationale for wanting everyone back in the office. It says that at Ineos they tried a work from home Friday and saw emails go down by 20%, and he has interpreted that as evidence that people dont work properly from home, and this such a manager brained way of thinking about things.

Emails are not work, they are a tool that facilitates work. Measuring the amount of work done by the number of emails sent is stupid.

Having a 1 day WFH experiment does not necessarily produce the same behaviors in your staff as you get from a remote work force. Hybrid set ups typically result in people structuring their week to do different type of work on a day depending on if they are in the office or at home. Being at home lends itself to heads down work that can be difficult to do with the distractions of the office. Being distracted in the busy office can often lend itself to doing a series of easy to accomplish check list items that you can get to and finish before clive from accounting distracts you about whether you saw Corrie last nightā€¦work such as respondoing to your supervisor with an email saying you will finish the deliverable they need on friday when you have the peace and quiet of being able to work from home.

5 Likes

Friday is my admin day.

Iā€™d hardly do any emailing.

1 Like