Those jammy fuckers down the M62

The reporting today is that contract negotiations are focusing on removing the veto power over incoming and outgoings that is in his current contract. This does not end well.

Veto power doesn’t mean you lead or control the personnel issues and so keeping the veto shouldn’t really change much. No set up like this should be expecting to operate in a way where there is enough conflict of ideas that the manager wants to use the veto and so the only reason you would want to take this out is because you predict he is going to want to use it, which is pretty much evidence that he is not the right guy.

3 Likes

Oh, we so badly need a chef’s kiss emoji. Publicly undermine him for months, clearly explore other options, likely get turned down, open negotiations that further undermine him…

2 Likes

While I agree with that it also must be said that when he was able to get the team to focus - basically the big games - they had a pretty good record. The style wasn’t ever as clear as a Klopp or Guardiola but he was able to create something a bit more practical to get results. Then they play Fulham at home and Bruno can’t be arsed so they get beat.

The whole playing staff needs a revamp, top-to-bottom, it’ll be very expensive. If they keep just blaming the manager nothing will change. I’m not trying to claim ten Haag is a great manager, we have little evidence of that, but he’s not a Solksjaer-esqe moron either. I think he’s a decent coach in a bad situation that even someone like Klopp or Guardiola would have trouble being successful in. If they had the right set-up I think he could be moderately successful.

2 Likes

What Utd have experienced is not that much different than we’ve seen from the US over the past 6 years or so. When they come up against a team sufficiently better than them they can knuckle down and play a very simplified style of football that makes things difficult for their opponent and nick the odd result. But the majority of their games are against sides who are going to be content to allow them to have the ball and so they need to find additional ways of playing and cannot figure out a coherent way of doing that and come unstuck in comical ways more often than you’d expect.

2 Likes

I hope that he’ll get a fat contract extension, one or two bad results will inevitably happen after the start of the new season, and you just know that they’ll sack him come the autumn.

https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1801565937520300098

A Norman Foster project , no less.

"“This project will ensure Manchester United’s training ground is once more renovated to the highest standards. Lord Foster, a fellow Mancunian, has brought some great inspiration to the design, in conjunction with the Manchester United team and we look forward to seeing the improvement to the facilities but most importantly on the pitch.”

lol , yeah … we’re into the realms of self-parody already.

Will enjoy seeing Harry Maguire trying to figure out how to walk up this

11 Likes

Being motivated and playing to a structured plan are two completely different things.

He clearly struggles to get players motivated and I’ve absolutely no idea how they play from a tactical perspective.

Thats on top of the shit storm he’s landed in regarding squad and club organisation. But also remember the players he’s personally pushed for and got in haven’t been great either.

1 Like

Good move to invest in the training facilities. When Ronaldo came back he said nothing had changed in all the years he had been away. Obviously the Glazers have hollowed it out, and now Ratcliffe is trying to sort it out. There are definite and easy gains to be had, but as they start to get their act together, the gains will become more marginal.

In an age where the likes of Man City have been allowed to ruin the game, my old ‘hatred’ for Man Utd has tempered somewhat. I don’t want them to win anything, and that will never change, but I do recognize a proper rival, a giant of a club, with history, long periods of success, legends and all the rest of it, with a large fan base cut from a similar cloth to ours… just on the other side of the fence, so we don’t like them.

It’s proper football rivalry though, and that’s the good stuff, compared to what Man City have brought to the game.

10 Likes

Will he put in a mini version of this?

Yeah it will all be aboit conceptual brand bs and what it looks like from the outside but it will be horrible for the players inside

“AMSTERDAM : Manchester United contacted other potential managers in recent weeks but in the end decided to “go for the best”, Erik ten Hag said on Sunday”
:rofl: Erik best Hag? Yeah, the best of one because there’s no other takers.

11 Likes

https://x.com/TelegraphDucker/status/1803731100402847867

8 Likes

Shame…

https://x.com/hasanalnaqour/status/1803713534573826224

4 Likes

Redcliffe makes a fair whinge. Another way of telling he doesn’t have the money to spend.

Fits right in with United.

1 Like

https://x.com/TelegraphDucker/status/1803787870362091716

Full interview. What a classless idiot.

5 Likes

West Ham’s Edison Alvarez has to field questions before Mexico’s first game of the Copa about stories of Utd interest in him. He denied them saying he was only interested in the Copa and then went out and purposefully picked up a tournament ending injury in the hope Utd would turn their attention elsewhere.

5 Likes

Idiot is correct.

What does he think is going to happen to United if City prevail?

They’ve been cheering City for so long that they forgot they were doing it just to spite us.

5 Likes