Those jammy fuckers down the M62

ETH out person here.

1 Like

Donā€™t know about the dressing room but Erik has definitely lost this living room.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Negative GD FC

4 Likes

Striking that when Ten Hag pulled Casemiro, he did not put Eriksen in but instead handing a 20-year old a league debut. You really have to wonder when he envisions using Eriksen with that in mind. Granted, Collyer offered the speed that he felt he needed, but both of Casemiroā€™s errors were basically mental errors, not being outpaced.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s led to the Casemiro mistakes and also the Mainoo mistake was due to tactics. Thatā€™s more down to ETH

3 Likes

Eric Tan Blag, has to be one of the biggest bluff merchants to have ever graced the PL. Think he is at the stage where he is continuing for purely mercenary reasons now - any pride he had in himself as an elite coach, has surely been beaten down by his obvious inept man-management style, and lack of tactical acumen on the big stage.

At Ajax, with no funds for big money signings, he had one option, which was to play the youth/kids from within the academy, and bring them through together. Having the ā€˜full of beansā€™ fitness youth brings with it, meant a cavalier approach to the game was inevitable. Have them kill a game off, foot on the ball control game management, only comes with playing experience in later yearsā€¦ Not that it mattered though, those players of his then, were groomed to secure best possible transfer fund could be obtained, to pad out the finances of the club. Yes Ajax were exciting, in a cut and thrust way, but then so are some schoolboy games on the local fieldā€¦

Transport Eric Ten Blag into the Old Toilet hot-seat, all of a sudden he has to deal with seasoned professionals (Ronaldo for eg), not youngsters that he could once rule over like some headmaster. Professionals that knew tactics, knew the game, knew the expectations of a big club, knew they didnā€™t have to remain silent when something needed to be said - As he probably has already found out, different world between man-management, and youth management.

Before Old Toilet, never before has he been given the millions of pounds to buy a player. Looking at his recent track record in the marketā€¦ Andre Onana, Casemiro, Anthony, Martinezā€¦ etc, on performances to date, none could be classed as a success.
Yeah, ETBā€¦ for me, is a PL bullshitter - Give him a 10yr contract :0)

6 Likes

Collyer played well I thought, in fairness to the kid.

3 Likes

Itā€™s almost like one club is being run better than the other.

After all ā€œthird choiceā€ Slot bossed them off the park as he did in the friendly.

3 Likes

With Edwards and his magic cape that produces smokescreens at the tip of his conical wizards hat, it is unlikely we will ever find out for certain, whether or not Slot was third choice.

When you have a line of applications sitting on chairs in the hallway, awaiting their turn to be called into the office for their interviewā€¦ It never happens that the person sitting in chair number three, is considered as third choice because of chronoligical reasons aloneā€¦ as chair number seven, or twelve etc
Neville is a gob on legsā€¦ and not exactly Mensa calibre either

I was saying it in jest.

If truth be told I think it was wide open and Alonso was one of a few not the choice.

In fact there was probably some relief from some when he committed to Leverkusen as it meant they could pursue ones they favoured.

Man Utd not only stuck with ETH after several weeks chasing others they then gave him a new contract.

4 Likes

Yep. But when it comes to United, Neville has to protect his self and business interests (his hotel etc, and access to the inner circle). Iā€™m sure he has opinions that chime with a lot of pundits, but he will not start making bold statements about what Man U need to do. Itā€™s largely what Carra does around Liverpool too when things are not going well - deflects or defends.

When it comes to pundits talking about Liverpool, Nev is one of the better ones, as much as I hate to say it. Just never listen to him when it comes to United. Roy Keane on the other hand, does not give a flying fuck and always worth a listen as he doesnā€™t hold back :joy:

2 Likes

Well you know how vindictive Fergie could be and he is still there.

Not a fan of him at all but he is looking well saying that. Gets to fully enjoy the Slot Machine :joy:

I think there is at least a small part of Fergie who enjoys this. With every season that passes with them still in the doldrums his legacy grows even more. I dont think he was ever that concerned about how the state he left the club in for the next guy impacted his legacy, but with each new failure that gets added to their history any blame towards Fergie just gets diluted.

3 Likes

In reference to their next fixture, away at Sotonā€¦

Tough relegation battle this one - a real 6 pointer.

LOL

3 Likes

They are the worldā€™s luckiest club, so itā€™s fully expected that they get lucky with their academy products as well. For every Casemiro they buy, thereā€™s one Mainoo ready to stake his claim in the first team once Casemiro flops. Collyer will be the next, I think thereā€™s also some young left back whoā€™s been touted as the next big thing out of their academy.

Funnily enough, in a few yearsā€™ time, Ten Hag will be defending record saying stuff like ā€œwe were the second best club behind Man City, famous Liverpool only beat us twice in our first six encounters, I gave the debuts to the likes of Mainoo and Collyerā€ā€¦

2 Likes

Fair points, but I was reading the Caf this morning and was shocked to see a few posters lamenting the fact he didnā€™t give a shit about the future, leaving behind an aging, rubbish squad after anointing Moysey as his heir.

Not that thereā€™s anything wrong with thatā€¦

2 Likes

I should addā€¦the above was in the context of a Peter Schmeichel tweetā€¦heā€™d sat next to him for the game and was all, ā€˜Poor Old Baconface, how dare Utd torture him by being shit etc etcā€¦ā€™

Againā€¦LOL

1 Like

Their academyā€™s recent record is Rashford who the fans despise, Greenwood who [comments cannot be displayed for legal reasons], and a succession of players who werent remotely good enough and didnt even raise that much money when sold on. If Mainoo stays in the team and makes a big impact he will have been the first one sinceā€¦Johnny Evans?

2 Likes

They made a fair whack on Greenwood (insanely talented but an insane idiot), McTominay and that centre back they sold to Villareal. Their academy keeps them afloat, which is the best thing to happen if it canā€™t produce players for the first team. Just ask Chelsea!

They ripped Napoli off by having them pay 25 millions for McTominay. Conte is an idiot for thinking that heā€™d would be the answer to anything.