Those jammy fuckers down the M62

They got maybe 20% of what he was worth without his legal issues, and without them would still be playing for them. Having a generation talent come out of your academy but turn out to be a [redacted] and unable to play for you, but not without first causing you huge reputational harm, is hardly representative of any sort of “luck” I would want.

2 Likes

Harry Amass, probably, is the left back you are talking about.

In fairness it’s not luck so much as having a massive recruitment area due to their geography and a very, very strong academy system in the junior levels.

Although in the case of Collyer they bought him from Brighton so that doesn’t count for him!

1 Like

united’s academy has stumbled off late. I guess the rise of City did hinder some of their academy scouting quite a bit.

Looked at redcafe to get a sugar high…holy fuck they have threads about everything (our manager!). What a weird bunch.

There were at least 4 of Fergie’s ex players whose kids were in the city academy such is the perception of how much better the set up is there now than at a rapidly old fashioned set up at Utd.

3 Likes

Isn’t it brilliant we beat them comfortably and none of their flukeness of the last two years.

At Old Trafford too, still on a bit of a high to be fair.

10 Likes

City’s academy was well respected before the oil money started pouring in.

2 Likes

It was, it has changed a lot. There was always a thread at Utd that playing for Manchester United was reward enough and you had to earn being treated like a star. I saw that in the first team when I had the chance to be in changing rooms on game day during Keane’s first season and he was given only a stool next to a portable locker with a single wire coat hanger as a way of reminding him he had not achieved anything there yet. That attitude went all the way down into the academy where they felt the best coaches and best competition was critical, but their mental and emotional development was best served by giving them a mediocre facilities and resources. They thought it was a test of which kids had the drive to earn more, almost like it was out of the Bane playbook. Once the club on other side of town developed literal world leading facilities the attitude started appearing increasingly out of date and absurd and they were very slow to adapt.

1 Like

Didn"t know he already left the stadium at halftime.
Weird

2 Likes

Ten Hag has denied it.

1 Like

You can’t call the self proclaimed God of Football a gob on legs

2 Likes

A few United fans i know say Fergie hand picked Moyes to protect the legacy knowing he would fail.

1 Like

He also tells anyone who’ll listen he is a football manager.

Not a credible source, imo.

5 Likes

lex talionis

Call me crazy, but I thought we actually looked decent, if not at times superior, before the Casemiro abominations. In the end Liverpool would likely have found a way to win the game, but had we had a stronger presence at CDM we may well have won the game.

8 Likes

He’s definitely a member.

6 Likes

9 players in the squad who are either dutch or played in the Erendevise. Most of them for Ajax.

Not all brought in by ETH but feels this is ‘his’ squad.

Makes it more difficult to sack him now because it would mean another huge rebuild and other managers will stay far away from that job.

I think that depends on the manager who gets brought in and whether ETH has got anything like the best out of his players. Someone coming in now (difficult because they are probably already in a job) or more likely the winter window for example would have time to evaluate the players and the space needed to plan how to improve the squad without the pressure to get deals closed.

I assume he is basing that on the one early chance they had.

Rashford had a decent attack and won a corner about 3 mins in. That was around the time their parity in the game lasted.

But remember, this is a club who had a sizeable number of people arguing after the 7-0 that the game was pretty even other than the scoreline.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s all I can remember before we scored. They did have another chance but saying that we had 2 goals and one chalked off in that period.