Those jammy fuckers down the M62

If Eric Ten Blag and United ever turn the corner and start stringing really good performances together… It will keep the Glazers snouts firmly in the trough… As sure as night follows day, Ratcliffe wants to own that club lock, stock and barrel.

The best way for him to achieve that, is for the Utd fans to hound the Glazers, not only down from their ivory towers, but also from Old Toilet itself.
If they continue to cling on by their fingernails, even after it gets really rough for them… getting rid of ETB might be the only option left, and help calm the waters.

Southgate is a back up plan for Ratcliffe - as in, he will probably be worse than ETB, and the Glazers, in their final throes of wisdom, might just decide at that point, they cant go through a second round of abuse from a hostile fanbase…

Upshot, they sell their remaining shares to Ratcliffe, he takes full control and sack Gareth Southgate next day…!

Jeeez, reading this back, reminds me I should stop watching too many conspiracy series on TV :0)

2 Likes

someone on a free at 375k a week is much more preferable to paying 70m for him and then giving him a 375k contract.

No, I was making a reference to how spending works. I think it’s already from the horses’ mouth that the club view (based on the evidence) is that transfer spending doesn’t contribute much to success, but more the spending on wages.

2 Likes

The Glazers are there until eternity. They couldn’t give a fuck about any abuse directed their way from far off Manchester. And why should they when they are happily sat on an appreciating asset with ever increasing dividends to pocket. If they had any real intention of selling up they would have done it by now.

5 Likes

CASEMIRO! What should we do with the dodgy DM?:thinking: (Man United vs Liverpool Parody) (youtube.com)

And why did they sign Maguire? Because they wanted Virgil, couldn’t get him, so turned to the next best player of that profile they had identified

Ajax paid about 20m for him when he came over from Brazil. He had publicly announced that summer he intended to leave and wouldn’t sign a new contract, but by the time Utd got around to enquiring about him they had already lost the core of their team in Mazraoui, Gravenberch, Onana, Haller, and Martinez, and even a few role players and aging players like Schurrs and Tagliafilco, so Ajax put a fuck you valuation on him. After a month of haggling Utd agreed to pay it because it was by then so late in the window and they didnt want to go without.

3 Likes

I have 2 friends who support united who are desperate to get on the ErikOut bandwagon but cannot bring themselves to do it until Southgate is in a new job

7 Likes

I’m sorry, what? Are the two of them similar in any way apart from playing the same position?

2 Likes

Every club by that time were after Virgil. He had already chosen to come to us.

Just like once Alisson signed for us there was a general agreement among experts and pundits that Kepa was now the best keeper still available and any big club wanting an upgrade was going to have to fight over him, that was how Maguire was generally viewed by people after we signed Virgil. Remember, City were pushing the boat out to land him after missing out on Virgil as well but Utd out bid them.

2 Likes

No doubt that there was an English tax of 20m and a Man Utd tax of 40m added to the Maguire price.

Thats frankly criminal.

If you are spending that kind of money you need to be hitting 4/5 as successes and you can argue that it’s not even 1/5 on that list.

2 Likes

Even disregarding the transfer fees ,None of them would be termed as a success.

1 Like

I was going to say that it’s almost as if it isn’t the players per se, but looking at that list it is largely the players. Utd do have plenty of examples of good players failing as a result of club dysfunction and lack of a coherent strategy, but most of those were pretty predictably the wrong player for what they needed and was going there for the wrong reasons.

2 Likes

Yup,

They’ve got the best of both worlds now, they don’t have to show up anymore as Radcliffe is there and they can continue to coin it in.

1 Like

Not to mention the other duds that United bought (all for big money - both fees and wages)

Di Maria , Falcao , Ibra , Martial , Cavani , Ronaldo , Depay

And that’s only the forwards. Maybe Ibra can be termed as a moderate success , but that’s about it

The best thing for them is the club to turn the corner there shares become even more valuable and revenue increases.

Why put the effort in if you are making a fair bit anyhow.

They are generally making the CL every 2-3 years, winning a couple of trophies.

That for them is fine, let’s face it they’ve become a bit like the Yankees.

Ugarte playing minutes for Uruguay despite ETH saying he isn’t fit to start.

I don’t wish for injuries on players but an injury for him can be something likely to happen.

I heard a brilliant comment on Redmen podcast the other night talking about the Champions League matches and how playing Madrid at home in the new format is way more preferable to playing them away. Not sure of her name, but the woman was talking about hoping Bellingham is injured for the match.

One of the guys butted in and said, not injured, you don’t want any player to be injured, but him having the shits for a day or 2 and not fit to travel is ok :rofl:

3 Likes