Those jammy fuckers down the M62

8 Likes

Hopefully it lasts 86 years, like the curse of the bambino for the Boston Red Sox. :joy:

3 Likes

Everton are already a third there :see_no_evil::joy:

1 Like

6 wins in there last 20 premier league games.

1 Like

That’s an absolute fucking disgrace. Baldy bastard stealing a living.

2 Likes

I think Southgate might be a very good appointment for them, for the same reason he was a good appointment for England. They won’t win anything, but he would actually start to solve some real problems and likely get them out of the short-term decision cycle that they have been in ever since Ferguson stepped down. That said, Southgate probably would not get the 2-3 years he would need to do that either.

4 Likes
2 Likes

https://x.com/CMG3432/status/1840445437435662625

3 Likes

I figured that one of these two managers would be under massive pressure after this match, but I think it is going to be done for Ten Hag soon. The stats are stunning, what an utterly abject performance.

2 Likes

Correct. The focus is always on the loser and reverse that result and Ange is incompetent according to the press.

But at least Spurs offer something with a clear style and attractive football and credit to Ange.

You can’t say the same for United. No teamwork or style. I was devo’d when they jagged the FA Cup but the good news now is the manager got a stay of execution and they are still rubbish.

I’m reminded of I think it was 2020 when Ole - who was still just caretaker at the time - managed to get a freak result against PSG in the last 16 of the CL, and it led directly to him getting the permanent job. I told my uNited-supporting brother in law that they’d made a mistake and that result would come back to haunt them. I was right, of course.

I think you can draw the same conclusion from that FA Cup final. By any measure, Ten Hag should have been shown the door last summer. it was literally United’s worst ever Premier League and Champion’s League campaign, the stats were abysmal, the players were shite, and with the new part-owners, it was an opportunity for them to bring in their man and start from scratch.

As it is, they extended Ten Hag by a season, spunked a load of cash on more shite players, and will be reluctant to sack him because of their perceived backing over the summer. Exactly the same situation they were in with Ole after he got to the EL final - the club brass backed him, bought a load of players (including Ronaldo - LOL), and were made to look like complete arseholes when in the following season he completely lost the plot.

Anyone concerned that INEOS or Brailsford or Ashworth or any of these other fucking knobends are going to turn things around for United need not worry - they’re the same absolute fucking banter club they’ve been since Ferguson retired. They are - at minimum - a decade away from relevance again, outside of the odd freak season here or there.

7 Likes

It’s easy to forget but they had been the most arrogant club with the most irritating set of players and fans ever seen. And the likes of Neville are still allowed to say shit day after day.
One freak result and they still all come out of their hiding with the glory glory united we’re back, fergie is legend, ronaldo was his baby blahb blah… fck off. So happy this is happening to them.

And they won’t admit but as pointed in the article… giggs saying Fergie has left them in a good spot as he’s such a genuine real human. Well, the reverse should be true then too isn’t it?He is the one who left them in such a shape to get ruined and they did.

Thank fck for Klopp. That’s how you leave a team not how the likes of Fergie and Mourinho leaves them… set up for years of failure and ensuring your own legacy remains.

12 Likes

And long may it continue, all hail Ten Hag

1 Like

After , it must be said , making it known that regardless of the Cup Final result they would be looking for a new manager. They’d explicitly acknowledged that Ten Hag wasn’t upto the job but were somehow unable to find someone better to replace him. If that type of decision making was going on in his business they’d be screaming for a new CEO.

3 Likes

Beryl the tea lady turn down the job?

Good job for Erik Sir Jim isn’t quite as dismissive of managers as he is lower paid office and administrative staff.

5 Likes

We should remember that not so long ago, we were those in that position. The pendulum swings, and now we laugh at them. Eventually, the pendulum will swing again, it’s inevitable.

Meanwhile, let’s by all means enjoy the good position we are in nowadays, but a dose of humility to come with it wouldn’t go amiss imo.

2 Likes

Really could do with ETH turning their form around for a couple of weeks. Dont want him sacked just yet.

1 Like

No.

Those United fans and their gloating during the fergy days. There’s still another 20 years of penance they have to go through.

8 Likes

I’m not against it… :wink: But I’m far more concerned about us staying near to the top of the pile than about what happens to them.