Those jammy fuckers down the M62

That reminds me of a thought I had watching Spurs’ first goal. The interception that produced the counter was a sloppy sequence between Garnacho and Rashford. Van der Ven sees the angle, and sprints in for the interception.

Van Der Ven then bursts 70 yards straight downfield for the assist. Garnacho and Rashford were both still in the other half. Not just failing to press to try to get the ball back, but not even tracking a runner. Both Spurs players closest to Van Der Ven in that sequence turn and run to support the possession. Both Garnacho and Rashford are offside and walking when the goal is scored.

Some of that is on Ten Hag, but that rot predates him.

3 Likes

Yes it does absolutely. They are bone idle lazy. How many times have seen, heard United concede because runners werent tracked, players stood still or not applied pressure?

Defending can be difficult but moreso when players dont run. None of their recruitment addresses that, in fact they reward it.

And Bruno is right at the heart of it in my opinion. They can bang on about how creative he is etc. but his attitude stinks and he simply doesn’t cover.

It’s also a mark that for the all fun we had mockig the over reaction to Ange when he showed up last year, he’s a good coach and spurs know exactly what they are doing and most (all?) of them there are buying in and doing it.

2 Likes

Wasn’t he getting the sack last week?

Nah, that was 2 weeks ago, 2 big losses in the 2 preceding weeks. He probably had more credit in the bank coming into this one though. I figure if Ten Hag had won this match versus Spurs, he would have been about where Ange was coming into it - a little bit of room for error, but a bad loss away from the hot seat.

2 Likes

1 assist and 0 goals this season.

3 Likes

Got even lazier this season then

https://x.com/TrollFootball/status/1841244282503475319

6 Likes

normally cant be arsed with fan commentry, and especially hate this brain dead filter nonsense…but…

i cant help myself, this is fucking hillarious…and i know it shouldnt be…but it is…

internet clocked.

5 Likes

Some A-grade acting in that one.

1 Like

I’ve got this on in the background whilst doing some admin work.

He’s ranting and raving like a grumpy (cynical) old git sat on a park bench.

Loving it.

3 Likes

Maybe Mubbs can develop some profile taking an anti-Goldbridge line?

5 Likes

Go for the jugular. Bruno out. Its what everyone else is saying but they cant see it.

Or double down. Bruno for player manager?

4 Likes

Is Villa a bigger club than United?

No

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Actually, hell yes.

1 Like

No. But they’re certainly the better of the two at the moment.

4 Likes

No.

They are a better club than United right now though.

1 Like