Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Van Persie was very much in the mold of Ibrahimovic, Falcao, and Cavani - guys with maybe 1 great season left, maybe not. As you note, the main difference is that when Van Persie was there, for part of the time they had similarly aging talent to capitalize on what he had to offer.

2 Likes

I think people who would not do that arenā€™t foodies, just snobsā€¦

1 Like

Would Sanchez fit into that category I wonderā€¦

Sanchezā€™ drop off was similar if more subtle to Torresā€™ i think. With the hindsight of how bad the move went you could look back and see some evidence for it already that no one wanted to see prior to the move. For Torres it was injuries (and maybe general dissatisfaction with the game at the way, in his mind, his health had been fucked around with for other peopleā€™s benefit), but for Sanchez it was just an absurd never ending workload that had to catch up with him eventually. Heā€™d basically not had any sort of rest for 4 years with the non-stop summer international tournaments and the over importance he had for both Arsenal and Chile.

2 Likes

A mate of mine who is a United fan says Fergie intentionally picked Moyes because he knew it would end in failure protecting legacy and all that.

2 Likes

Worth noting that Sanchez was also 29 turning 30 the year ManU bought him. Throw in that workload, and it is not surprising that he started to wear down when he did.

2 Likes

Itā€™s wearing a bit thin now though isnā€™t it.

1 Like

Wow, a horse dick measuring contest. We may have surpassed solo pot noodle activities

1 Like

Sacked Fergie before Ten Hairs, and have missed out on their best immediate option to replace him to the FA, what a day for them.

3 Likes

Oh yeah do you want the ghost of football past sat in the stands looking like a bulldog licking piss of a neetle when you are getting another pumping. Yeah if youā€™re natural you do.

2 Likes

Had a cunt of a dayā€¦hadnā€™t even glanced at the news. Jump in the car for pick up at 5pm and TalkSport was on the radio.

I knew IMMEDIATELY they were upset about something, but hadnā€™t heard the specific news. You know when you can instantly tell someone is discussing something (ostensibly) serious? It was that kind of moment.

Manā€¦I was in hysterics when they referred to SIR ALEX getting the arse. It was a good 20mins of the most soporific, angsty, hand-wringing Iā€™ve ever heard, callers and pundits alike outraged at the fact heā€™s been binned.

When Stuart Pearce suggested the current players should all chip in and pay his wages, I think I had an out-of-body experience.

Only downside is this is probably the smartest thing Ratface has done.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Terrible grammar.

Bloody foreigners.

Sir Alex will forever be my boss.

HAHAHAHAHA

3 Likes

Did we have to do similar with Shankly? We werenā€™t paying him Ā£2m a year though.

They did have to ask him to stay away from the training ground.

3 Likes

Anfield too? Not sure but i seem to remember him going to watch Everton games.

I think he did go along to games but he was a football nut - the kind of guy that would happily watch a pub kickabout.

He used to walk his dog round Bellfield which was just a short distance from his house. Iā€™m assuming that he got a few invites from the staff there.

5 Likes

was about to post the same. Wasnā€™t there a story his wife used to talk about where he could neveer walk past a group of kids playing football without jumping in?

5 Likes

Studs up?

8 Likes