Those jammy fuckers down the M62

How many red cards by todays standards?

Should easily win but :joy:

1 Like

I assume you’re talking about Brentford.

3 Likes

Nah Man Utd, teams like they should be winning their home games.

I’m not giving them the satisfaction of pretending this is a good result if they win.

1 Like

This is the type of game , i.e. top four club at home versus minnow , where ordinarily the home side would be something like 1/6 on. Utd are actually just a shade shy of evens to get the win.

1 Like

I think your being a little harsh calling ManUre minnows

Five or six :0)
The game demonstrates that for such a lauded manager, he set up his team, and gave them instruction to play that way…!
There is a quote somewhere by Gary Neville (need to find it), stating that the intention was to take Reyes out of the game whatever way they could

Edit: Found a quote by Phil Neville - Will keep looking for the other one

Phil Neville: “They [Arsenal] had a young Spanish winger called Juan(sic) Antonio Reyes, and we literally kicked him off the park. Every time he got the ball, Gary smashed him. Next time he got the ball, I smashed him. I remember looking at him and thinking, ‘What am I doing in English football?’”

Couple of comments below the video:
balding_coot

•7y ago•

That match was a disgrace. Both Neville brothers should’ve walked fouling enough for 4 yellows each. Ferdinand for taking out Freddie clean through. RvN for kneecapping Cole. Rooney diving over Campbell. No, I’m not over it.

5 Likes

$1.70 on my account. That’s easy money as much as it pains me.

Let’s keep going! Howard Webb too. He skewed the refereeing. David Gill boxed it all off for Ferguson in the corridors of power too. And Ferguson never really did anything, it was always his assistant - Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren, Carlos Queiroz, etc.

If we think about it long enough, we will get to the point where Ferguson is barely a footnote in their success.

I can’t stand the fella, and they are not my team, but an inability to give credit where it is due, by simply acknowledging that he was one of the great managers, and they had a decent run on his watch, doesn’t look good among our fanbase.

Because that’s what I said. :roll_eyes:

The argument isn’t worthy but you were diminishing the impact of Ferguson and putting it down to Murdoch.

I simply gave other credible examples that could be cited if we wanted to continue to diminish his impact - refereeing, good executives, and assistant managers.

I’m uncomfortable engaging in this line as it seems like I’m defending him, when I would be near the front of the line to kick him in the bollocks :joy: He is a mean, sour man… but his footballing achievement is there for all to see, and my general point is that to the degree that is overlooked by Liverpool fans, it is wide of the mark.

Fair play to Man United they stopped the trend of Brentford scoring in the first minute.

2 Likes

Again, it’s a very simple point:

The overall effect Murdoch had on United’s success > that of Ferguson.

That is not the same as saying that Ferguson didn’t contribute to their success, or to try to diminish his accomplishments.

I’m leaving it there, because I get the impression that this is going to go around in circles.

@PeachesEnRegalia , Alice is somewhat better than the other bird you’ve got your eyes on.

2 Likes

@cynicaloldgit

Youth does matter.

Minging is minging, no matter what age you are.

It’s about relativity.

Someone agrees with you.
Einstein GIFs | Tenor

Cynnie is too old for Einstein.

1 Like