Those jammy fuckers down the M62

The problem isn’t that Salah has scored 18, the problem is his conversion rate of chances. He could have scored only 10 and it could have been better than his 18 if he had far fewer chances to score etc. Everything is always relative.

4 Likes

Disgusting if it goes through. The Premier League may truly be irredeemable.
No ethical control in this league at all.

5 Likes

In Norway this is a big thing, with fans mulling if they quit being fans or not etc., just like with Newcastle (many Norwegians stopped supporting them).
In England it seems no one cares much, since there are hardly any critical stories in the media. I find it a bit absurd.

7 Likes

1 Like

I’m not too arsed, because Utd have always been a financial behemoth so nothing will change in that regard. Their problem has been that they are fucking mental off the pitch.

2 Likes

FIFY

1 Like

Doesn’t matter whether its the Qataris or any other rich billionaires buying them. Its the behaviour thats going to matter. Toddy in Chelsea shows that reckless regard for financial prudence is not proprietary to the middle eastern disgustingly rich bastards.

Also it’s how you spend. Seemed a bit naive in his spending, Casmerio seemed the oddity in that he wasn’t Dutch.

From RedCafe. The numbers are similar across other polls, slightly more pro-Qatari on Twitter unsurprisingly.

From an LFC perspective, I’m not particularly concerned; the levels we’ll need to maintain to keep up season in, season out are already unrealistic. But it’s just another nail for my interest in the league generally.

I hope the PL know what they’re doing regards City. If it sticks, maybe there’s some hope.

6 Likes

Look at this Liverpool fan gush about Liverpool and Klopp. If the QIA takes over Manure, this man is highly likely to be appointed as Manure’s new chairman. Imagine going to work everyday having to improve the bitter rivals of your favourite club must feel like a horrible thing to do. The money will help soothe that feeling but the clash of professionalism vs your heart must be pretty horrible.

This bid being reported is not from QIA. It is coming from the corporation owned by of one of the lesser royal family members. In Qatar all money is concentrated in the aristocratic class who are connected to the royal family tree. While these people will owe their fortune and positions of power to those familial ties, most of them wont be technically entities of the state. It’d more like if one of the Mountbatten kids tried to buy us. Sure, they might be able to get the queen to pick up their phone call, but it wouldnt mean the she or her crown own the club.

3 Likes

I have some news for you about the queen, might come as a bit of a shock.

2 Likes

I don’t know. Worked out well for Peter Johnson… :rofl:

Jim Ratcliffe is a dream in their situation, really. An interested billionaire who happens to be a lifetime supporter and doesn’t have a record of human rights abuses.

Wonder why they prefer Qatar.

5 Likes

Money.

In all circumstances look for the money, usually the answer.

Bet Jim Ratcliffe thought ‘long after tonight is all over’…I’ll own the Mancs…prhaps not…

Yeah, it’ll be another step away from the game for me. Just about there already with only the PL charges against City perking some interest.

I’m really struggling to generate any interest in a game that’s pretty well rotted out.

5 Likes

Been thinking about lots of money it really only buys you space in the mistakes you can make.

3 Likes

Totally agree, I still want us to have a similar model, where we spend prudently on the right players and Bellingham at 120 mil could still be prudent with what he offers if he is the RIGHT player.

3 Likes

Ginuine question, is there a reason Ratcliffe waited until Qatari put a bid in?

If you’re serious about wanting to buy a club, I see no reason to wait until someone else does. Sure, put in a low offerand raise it till it’s accepted, but waiting till now after waiting until the 11th hour to bid on Chelsea suggests this isn’t a serious guy and he’s just using it to advertise himself as a ‘serious’ person.

2 Likes