Threads going off-topic

Then we need a 'How the Saudis are about to destroy football ’ thread then , no ? :wink:

Sky destroyed football decades ago. Apparently.

1 Like

Civilisation too.

Apologies as I was one of those engaged in that side issue.

The issue surrounded Kimmich, and his refusal to have the vaccine. @LuisSuarez described it as an “experimental” vaccination and that triggered my response.
To which he noted that big pharma would love me…

It is a relevant issue surrounding a linked player, but it was threatening to stray into deeper waters

2 Likes

We’re just drowning in derailments at the moment.

Really?

Fah Sean Finegan GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Which sums you up neatly

This thread is going down…

ezgif-4-3d22d3c022

Best you can do? In fairness my expectations were low and you thoroughly met them.

Why not try and bring some light and joy to the forum rather than shit criticism?

There are a handful of posters who have fallen into a sort of parody of themselves, and more often than not add little to a conversation other than turning up to add their “hilarious” two cents or a “controversial” hot-take and it’s these which more often than not result in the derailment.

Rather than blanket rules which stifle conversation, would it perhaps be better if mods sent some gentle requests to the usual suspects asking them to perhaps tone it down?

Just a suggestion, of course.

2 Likes

If you’re including me in this, have the decency to tag me in. If not, I’m offended for not being included :weary:

1 Like

Sure is hot, isn’t it?

Not here :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually, having thought about this for a few minutes, you know this is a discussion forum don’t you? Not an echo chamber? You’re welcome to post on the chamomile tea forum but this one has a few nettles in it and long may that continue.

Check out the Fabinho transfer thread for top notch sidetracking

Fuck no. Not more Japanese television.

Except that the best Japanese game show was the British parody:

1 Like

Unable to watch that as I don’t live in the UK or the RoI.

I really don’t understand your problem.

You accuse me of shit criticism when its your default position on whatever topic doesn’t suit you.

Regarding derailments, I accept responsibility and acknowledge such when I am guilty of this.

Not sure who exactly @deneb is referring to above, but if he means snide little unwarranted digs, then you should really include yourself in the cohort.

1 Like