Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD: 2024/25

Real getting a hell of a player.

Wheres the contract John?

Hard not to believe thereā€™s one drawn up and has been for a while.

https://x.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1837884813447242083

4 Likes

https://x.com/thisisanfield/status/1837888370107687149

So JĆ¼rgen didnā€™t help and guide and teach? :thinking:

5 Likes

Iā€™d be worried City might get one hell of a player because surely Pep is going to bin Walker at some point before Christmas.

2 Likes

https://x.com/AnfieldSector/status/1837890086416863729

1 Like

I feel as though heā€™s more intelligent than to join a sinking shipā€¦

You could agree on a new deal with Liverpool while youā€™re there agreeingā€¦ Iā€™m genuinely worried that his move to Real Madrid has already been sorted and that heā€™s playing out his final season with us.

1 Like

Letā€™s not pick apart every word that he probably wasnā€™t really thinking about. Klopp was a father figure to him. Was obvious how much love there was there.

Other comments are clearly about getting the best contract he can. Not pretty but part of the
modern game and heā€™s only responding to the questions being asked

The worrying part is him talking about trophies.
We arenā€™t as likely to provide him with trophies as RM, thatā€™s just a fact.
Canā€™t see him going anywhere else. Either he stays, or itā€™s Madrid.

1 Like

He also did say he wants to be captain of Liverpoolā€¦

Basically: pay up and make sure we can challenge, or Iā€™m leaving.

3 Likes

Heā€™s won everything with Liverpool.

But not as captain of Liverpool.

Thatā€™s for him to realise.

We will be there or thereabouts in terms of competing for trophies. Even if not this year , maybe the year after. The club is in a really good position too.

I daresay winning CL or PL with us would mean more for a local boy than winning the routine CLs with real Madrid.

I dont mind him going to Madrid. But I donā€™t see him being a success there.

With Liverpool, heā€™s got the chance to play in his favoured position and keep improving as a footballer.

In Madrid , I suspect that heā€™ll be quickly found out because coaches arenā€™t willing to tailor their sides to suit his advantages. Real have way too many such characters to accommodate.

1 Like

But heā€™s spent 20 years with the club. If he wants to go and explore other clubs, heā€™s well within his rights.

Would hate for him to go to real Madrid and then him getting sold for money to a team back in the PL.

1 Like

Not being an avid follower of all these rumours, is there any reason to believe heā€™d actually be interested in going there or is it all hearsay?

That interview reads to me (with all my personal biases) like Salahā€™s stance prior to his previous contract renewal: he wants to stay, but he doesnā€™t want to be underpaid for that. Thereā€™s no real interest in moving elsewhere, but thereā€™s no bargaining chip otherwise.

1 Like

Trent on Slotā€™s Management: ā€œI said to him [Slot] that I would like to be the defender that no one wants to come up against in Europe. We agreed that he will be harsh on me. If any time an attacker gets by me and gets past me, he will call it out in meetings, and individual meetings, and say this cannot happen. We go through every game together and he highlights where he wants me to improve. Even after the Milan game, we had about 20 clips going through what I could have done better and the good parts as well. It is really refreshing to have a manager who will help and guide and teach me how to be better as a player. I am someone who wants to learn, someone who wants to be the best and someone who strives to be the best everā€ (Via ESPN).

4 Likes

Trent wants to improve. Slotā€™s there to make him improve.

Heā€™s still only 25.

1 Like