UEFA Champions League 2020-21

#mbappe2022

Deserved red. Tie seems lost already for PSG and not because of the score but the loss of belief.

I’ve turned it off. Thought the commentary team were about to jizz in their under crackers if City strung 3 passes together

Psg doing what they do in CL…implode. neymar will start sulking and walking around now

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s more disturbing: PSG’s second half collapse or Jena’s non-stop slurping of City.

3 Likes

Shitty-Chelski final then?

The young lad Foden is some player…did he come through their Academy?

Thing is if Madrid go through I can see UEFA fuck them over in someway for the ESL so Chelsea might be more beneficial, sadly I’d rather they won it than Man City.

1 Like

But Citeh and Chesea were also in on the ESL, granted not as deeply as Madrid. If EUFA are going to take that sort of stance, then all 3 will be punished leaving only PSG free

1 Like

Yeah but you remember the arse licking from UEFA when City withdrew.

Still might happen mind, away and home this season is an oddity though I expect that will be more of a reason in the other one than the City tie.

1 Like

PSG shit the bed, yet City lauded as the best ever… puke.

1 Like

I detest City. But they are gonna win it.
I actually think only Chelsea could stop them.
But I hate them as well.
Amazing how utterly shit this season’s been for us.

2 Likes

As I said earlier in the thread, this season is the perfect match for them. They’ve never had any meaningful atmosphere at all in their stadium and are accustomed to it, so the lack of atmosphere everywhere was always going to favour them, contrarily to us or other traditional clubs. PSG for instance, for all their flaws, have a passionate set of fans.

They on the other hand are an artificially inflated club, and it seems written down that they will win everything in this totally artificial season. The horrible fake crowd noise made up by TV channels is just like them: it’s the perfect symbol of what they stand for.

Also, the fact that they almost were brought onto their knees by UEFA earlier in the season, only to be bailed out by an obviously corrupt CAS, must have been an immense lift for them. Going from being excluded from the CL for two years, with the risk of having to comply to FFP while risking instability by losing their coach and their best players, to be essentially confirmed that they can spend as much as they want without being punished - this in a period where all their major opposition suffer from financial issues due to covid-19 - is basically like being handed the joker card in your game.

Nothing can happen to them, they can spend whatever they like, and at least in England, no other club can stop them, bar maybe Chelsea who are another billionaire’s toy with free money, but at a lower level than them.

They must absolutely love covid-19 btw. It allowed them to get rid of their only really dangerous opposition (us), delayed the CAS judgment just enough in order to allow them to be bailed out, and going forward, it will allow them to really, really increase their stranglehold on the game.

I’m afraid that we are on the best way to see the PL become what the Bundesliga has become since ten years: a one-team league, with always the same outcome, season for season.

15 Likes

Chelsea has money too.

He said, “nothing can stop them bar maybe Chelsea who are another billionaire’s toy, but at a lower level than them.”

The point is a good one. From Man City being on the cusp of getting their comeuppance, they dodged it, and now enjoy a perfect set of circumstances to pull away even further.

The ESL was fatally flawed, and rightly should not have got off the ground. But UEFA have proven to be corrupt, and unable to enforce their own rules, and as such, if an alternate emerged, bring it on.*

• Though yes, let’s examine what the alternate is.
1 Like

Mbappe on bench?!

Getting used to the life of Firmino’s understudy.

7 Likes

Hoping he comes off the bench to score the winner that will put them into the final. A real shame he’s not properly fit.

What the fuck happened to the pitch? Is it snowing? Stream’s not the best quality.

Icardi hat-trick incoming

Happy Mauro Icardi GIF by Paris Saint-Germain

2 Likes

We have had hail storms in the NW

2 Likes