UEFA Champions League

Atletico are absolutely the worst posers. I am not sure there is a player above 90kg on that side, let alone one who could take a punch.

5 Likes

Saw a video of a scruffle the other day where the main antagonist was yelling ā€œhold me back!ā€. All I could think was "please donā€™t, I want to see him take a fewx. That said, a guy with good hands at 75kg can still mess you up. My keeper was/is a boxer, i wouldnā€™t fuck with him

3 Likes

That Atletico side simply doesnā€™t know how to lose, shake the hand and go home.

:joy:

Thatā€™s disgusting, he should be banned for that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t like him. When Croatia beat England, he had some poor reactions also. No wonder heā€™s good pals with Degsy.

1 Like

A scruffle, is that similar to a Smurf?

There was an interview I heard with Kieran Trippier before the game on Radio 5 about his time at Atletico and he was remarkably honest in admitting they were actively encouraged to employ the ā€œdark artsā€.

Get in the opponents faces, pull hair, niggle etcā€¦surround the ref from the start, demand yellow cards. He did sound a bit embarrassed. He said it didnā€™t happen so much in La Liga. He would not be drawn though on who specifically encouraged it :thinking:

2 Likes

Walker normally has to pay 500 an hour for that kind of service.

4 Likes

Not surprising. Its a culture often encouraged in South American football. Winning is great, but winning while upsetting your opponents even better.

Rrminds me of a tweet i saw recently where a guy said you should never pick fights with people you dont know. He showed footage of a young punk taunting some little old guy - who turned round and knocked him out in one punchā€¦the old guy turned out to be some former world boxing champ. :rofl:

Best one so farā€¦

2 Likes

The open quotation mark is at an awful place. :rofl:

2 Likes

Unsurprising. The Spanish Media have hailed Athleti as some kind of heros that were unlucky not to win blah blah blah.

That said, the BT Sport lot were very big on pointing out what Athleti got up to but skimmed over City.

Savic is surely going to receive some kind of retrospective ban too. Would be funny if they throw the book at Grealish for calling Savic exactly what he is.

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing better than to follow the Atleti manhandling treatment with the Real Madrid code of ethics.
Good times ahead Pep.

Thatā€™s a lot of money! Best graphic;

4 Likes

I never realized that you got more CL TV money based on your Premier League position. It makes sense like, just that Iā€™d be surprised to learn that more people tune in to watch City than us! Thereā€™s no way in a million fucking years :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Those tasty group stage wins thoā€¦

2 Likes

I think it might be to account for the fact the league winners have given up ā€˜equityā€™ by league runners up being allowed to compete in what was a tournament for league champions once upon a time?

3 Likes

The Spanish club has confirmed that they have organised a round trip for supporters that is priced at ā‚¬300, 50 percent of what the fansā€™ journey would cost making alternative arrangements.

The arrangement with the travel agency is expected to see the club shoulder a cost of ā‚¬900,000, as they look to ensure their supporters can make a difference at Anfield.

13 Likes