UEFA Champions League

I may be a bit off here, but the whole Madrid “feeling” thing reminds me a bit of Klopp’s first CL final with us against them. Kinda this whole us against the world etc etc with Madrid being the much superior team.

The roles have switched and we are now the superior team and I expect in a one off final our quality will shine through. Maybe a Matip arm bar on benzema just to really bring the point home? Kidding.

Not over confident in a UCL final ever, but also know we have gears that RM can’t get to this year. If we get to those gears this will end well for us.

6 Likes

1 Like

So is Carlo saying that he will ensure his team is going to play no football before surrendering and going down to a very easy defeat?

12 Likes

…and then whining about it for the next 30 years

7 Likes

Carlo an Evertonian…the same guy that walked out as soon as a better job came up. Way to antagonise the relegation threatened bitter fans.

7 Likes

Noticed that the tickets for the final are being advertised that include ones that are £461.23 with a “restricted view”? Nearly 500 quid and your stuck behind a bloody pillar?

3 Likes

It’s a vip seat behind Peter Crouch

11 Likes

Offical info out now, ive pasted below. Some crazy pricing. My FA cup final cat 2 ticket was 120. No restricted views.

Category 1: £578.63 / (£461.23 restricted view) – 4.6% of the allocation

Category 2: £410.91 / (£327.05 restricted view) – 16.4% of the allocation

Category 3: £125.79 / (£100.63 restricted view) – 55.7% of the allocation

Category 4: £50.32 / (£41.93 restricted view) – 23.3% of the allocation

There are 1,324 restricted-in-view tickets within the allocation.

1 Like

My FA Cup final ticket in 1986 was £6. I know, inflation and all that, but in today’s money it would be around £18.

4 Likes
1 Like

could say the same about Walker on Vini Jr

2 Likes

7 Likes

The fume on blue loon is delicious. A lot of posts stating they don’t care about the CL bc it’s corrupt. Pot calling the kettle black on that one

3 Likes

Wait, he’s serious?

1 Like

Has to be satire, although it’s just about impossible to tell these days.

7 Likes

Is Mane not in his own half…therefore cannot be offside…or have I got it wrong…

4 Likes

That’s the joke.

7 Likes

Lots of reasonable talk about the City collapse and whether this is now part of their mindset in the CL, but it has to be considered the effect of it being Real on the other side. Man for man there is probably only 2 players on that Real team who would get consideration for starting for City (Benzema and Casamiro). Yet if you can remove the anger and pressure that the fans produce, there is something about having that Real shirt on that can make a player 50% better. Even more so in the CL. I’m positive that Nacho came to the Prem he’d be a mid table CB, but put a Real shirt on him and ask him to play a semi of the CL and he grows by 6 inches. They were the perfect foil to elicit this sort of late collapse in city

1 Like

We’d better batter these jammy cunts. Big time.

5 Likes

That comeback came from nowhere last night because they had barely threatened City’s goal until they scored. Once they did there was a sense of inevitability about the second. They even had a great chance to score a third immediately after.

I think a lot of it is due to the Bernabeu and their fans. They make miraculous things happen. Like Anfield. This is not a great Real Madrid team by any stretch of the imagination but you can never underestimate them in this competition. PSG, Chelsea and City should all have knocked them out but they are still there. They must feel they are destined to win it. We are the better team and the neutral venue will help but after watching them sneak through the last three rounds I’m not taking anything for granted.

4 Likes