UEFA Champions League

What a stupid rule.

It’s fine not having clubs from the same league in the group, but why do they still have to avoid each other in the round of 16?

F*cking needless filters, just let them battle each other.

2 Likes

Presumably to maximise games between teams from different countries. I for one prefer to see us play clubs from abroad than our domestic rivals in this competition.

3 Likes

Me too, but the competition comes first. It’s idiotic, starting from that TV filter in group stages, oh God oh no, we don’t want too many SpanishEnglish/whichever sides on same days. The group avoiding should be enough.

1 Like

1-7 on RM
1-5 on Benfica and Porto
1-3 BM

I’ve worked it out as, probably helps that the Portuguese clubs reduce the chances a bit.

1 Like

FIFY

1 Like

Heres hoping Madrid and PSG get drawn together. Or City and PSG.

1 Like

Nah let Man City have them.

The whole game will be like an easy game of FIFA with formations of 1-1-9

1 Like

As long as we see a pep meltdown

2 Likes

Naturally we would want the “easier” teams like Porto or Benfica. But we have been performing better against the “harder” sides and tanking against weaker teams so getting RM or BM might just be what we need to get through and beating these sides might do well for our overall morale considering by Feb hopefully we are still fighting to stay in the CL positions in the league.

When is the draw?

Monday sometime in the afternoon/evening/early morning

2 Likes

Monday from 8am until Midnight

2 Likes

So I guess 23:50 is when the actual draw will start.

1 Like

Anything but Real.

Bayern without Lewandowski will be easier to beat that the last time.

We just have to find a bit of form and have so more players available.

Pity we couldn’t get Ramos to Anfield with PSG…
Not bothered really who we get. The CL is a different animal, and so are we when we play the bigger teams over two legs
COYR

1 Like

Bayern Munich or we riot.

It continuous in February, that is 3 months Diaz, Keïta, Jota and Matip should be back by then and with any luck, we have a new midfielder that can run … :scream:

It could be a whole different ballgame by then.

1 Like

To every team we could possibly draw…

I’d say the same but only because we played them a few months back anyway. It’s like avoiding English sides or EPL sides in the cups - we pay them anyway so why not have someone different for a change?

1 Like

I came up with a new method for determining which teams I like to see, namely, when we last played them.

1 Like