UEFA Champions League

Our history against them doesn’t mean anything unless the players and coach allow it to. We play in February. Its literally months away and our form and theirs could be very different then.

1 Like

I fancy us to win over 2 legs

We’re gonna batter them to smithereens.

Mo will open the scoring as he so often does (assisted by Jude)
Nunez will fly through on goal passing Carvaljal as if he were Kasper and bag the second.
Then Barella will come off the bench on his debut and bag the third with a 30 yard pile driver.
and then Mbappe will score a tap in brace from Trent’s 70 yard pingers.

For the return leg…

1 Like

:expressionless:

1 Like

To be fair, that’s a bloody good one and pretty much on point, lol !!! :rofl:
I certainly grinned.

Dortmund vs Chelsea nethier club on point at the moment. Spurs should beat Milan but then it’s Spurs and they struggled in the Europa group.

Man City have a very easy draw.

1 Like
2 Likes

Madrid 1 down already.

Looks like they lost their bottle after seeing the draw.

Lost 3-2, they are shitting their pants … :sunglasses:

First defeat of the season.

Premier League No GIF by Liverpool FC

Have you seen them, they are far worse than last season.

And Origi probably won’t even come on.

1 Like

I didn’t want Real Madrid at this point in the tournament. Real Madrid always seem to have one over us in recent years
With the state of our defence, our diabolical midfield, and the 2nd leg at the Bernabeu, I can’t see us winning this, but it will be fine margins.

Only way is divine intervention and another huge miracle can see us through to the next round.

3 Likes

Coincides with our first (PL) away win of the season. :blush:

…Oh, its November… :cry:

Fun times, always exciting when we draw the best clubs.

I had no particular wishes as usual, but when they said Liverpool and we had 3 options left, I said to myself “ah f*ck it, give us Real and let’s battle again”.

Atmosphere in the first leg should be absolutely rocking, can’t wait for that one.

Now… emotions aside.

I’d like our players to keep their mouths shut this time with the revenge stuff. Leave that to us fans, we can say whatever we want. Stay professional.

We’ve lost 5 of the last 6 games against Real, time to grab some wins again against them. February and March is a long time ahead, situations in both camps could change.

Could be good for us to face them quickly after Paris, to try and make our team feel better if we can go through.

More than Real (even if they are the world’s biggest club) though, I feel Ancelotti is a big factor here against us.

He has learned over the years to sort of neutralize Klopp’s football, even at times when he was coaching the likes of Napoli and Everton. Let alone Real.

We as a club have a 5-3-9 record against Carlo, but Klopp in particular has only two very tight 1-0’s against Napoli and then Everton.

Liverpool under Klopp failed to beat Carlo’s Everton all 3 times they played in the league.

Our focus should be to try and find the right balance between emotion (as we will be hungry from the first whistle no doubt) and quality. Because Real absolutely adore teams who are (too) fired up against them. We’ve seen it many times.

Our focus should be to “just” try and play a bit better than in Paris. Do that and we should have a good chance.

2 Likes

I think that universe decided to make it up to Ancelotti for Istanbul final by not losing to Liverpool ever again, so…

1 Like

Every cycle breaks. Keep your chins up.

3 Likes

I don’t ‘fear’ this tie nor am I confident. I am looking forward to hopefully some great football and some great tactical masterminding. There will be 1 winner and 1 loser, and maybe the loser will be us, but why fear it? This is what the comp is about.

But I agree with you and as fans we can’t keep re-hashing the Barcelona win and expect the same against another opposition just because they are Spanish. Barca were ripe to be attacked with emotion. You can’t just play that way against Real and expect a good result. Barca and Real are very different in that way.

So yes I am absolutely looking forward to it much more than say, a Portuguese team. The players will need to be at their best, the crowd will need to be at its best, and we’ll also need a little bit of luck all-round to go through.

2 Likes

Nah, I don’t fear them at all.

I like the excitement that comes with a difficult task.

I’m just saying objectivelly, that we will have to find the right balance of emotion (which will be high on our side, regardless if we have a fully fit squad or about 10 injuries) and calmness.

Speaking as a fan, I’m totally fired up. But having a cold head for a moment, I also understand which dangers this Real side poses (and which ones we pose to them) and we know each other pretty well now. Two managers who have played against each other a lot in last years.

2 Likes

If we manage to get past RM we will get Porto in the quarters anyway