UEFA Champions League

Seems to happen wherever Eintracht go, though.

Glad that your wife was okay. :+1:

I was referring to the corruption you referenced, not safety. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

think that goes part & parcel with the corruption in Naples, as to the safety.

London isn’t the cesspit hell hole that is reported. It’s a capital city so it has crime.

I do agree the city is as corrupt as it comes mine.

1 Like

Wth was going on there in Naples?

Thank God, our fans were not there.

I thought there was an issue that Eintracht Frankfurt supporters were not allowed in the stadium. Why is that?

Why are Atalanta fans with Eintracht Frankfurt fans?

This is all UEFA’s fault. They cannot even manage a safe tournament match with security and safety of all fans.

3 Likes

For the record, I still think London is one of the safest cities in the world. It is a vibrant, historical, trendy especially Shoreditch and great for worldwide foods, so much to do in the day and nights out.

4 Likes

They were banned from the stadium for violence in the first leg, so naturally they decided to travel anyway and prove the point. Naples police probably have very little interest in the notion of de-escalation, but Eintracht has a lot of scum supporters.

2 Likes

Omg! So, they are kind like Millwall fans.

Our supporters have been Napoli and they never had this kind of problem with the Napoli fans, u think.

@Semmy , i have this romantic view of Naples, Neopolitan food, buzz in the streets, people in the Cafe with a Cappuccino people watching and gelato.
I having been watching too much Youtube and Italian films, :joy:

Preventing riots outside the stadium in Naples is the responsibility of the major and police of Naples. There is a lot we can blame UEFA for but what happened yesterday in the city centre is not.

Agreed, it makes UEFA look bad because it’s happening on their watch…however their response now is crucial & they will be judged on this (from past history you can’t have much hope). UEFA busy boys of late, Inter have formally asked them to investigate matters their fans being mistreated in Porto the other night.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain this wasn’t the case…?

1 Like

There’s an article on the Deutsche Welle website (in English) that tries to explain the background to it:

1 Like

Is it in Naples where they like to stab visiting fans’ arses?

Think that’s more of a Turkish thing.

I seem to recall it being a Roma thing. Probably Italian wide. Is this the equivalent of England fans throwing cafe chairs around?

1 Like

I googled it in the end. You’re right

BBC NEWS | Magazine | Why is there buttock stabbing in Rome?.

Shark Tank Writing GIF

Is there another draw for the QF ties?

Who cares now anyway?

As long as City get knocked out, I don’t.

3 Likes

also a Roma fan who attacked Sean Cox, lest we forget that incident.

2 Likes