UEFA Champions League

It’s strange how the quality is split between the CL and Europa. In the CL I can only see two teams who could give Man City trouble: Real Madrid and Arsenal. In the Europa there are also two teams who could do likewise: Liverpool and Bayer Leverkusen.

It is what it is, but we could definitely beat most of the remaining CL teams, and even with the hardest draw, it’s down to the toss of a coin as to who wins, and I’d be backing the mighty reds.

I’d add Inter to one of the favourites group. Right now, they look better than Bayern, for example. Last year’s finalists and sometimes these sides have a few years when they keep coming back. Like we did a few times under Rafa and Klopp.

Mizuno manufacturing Lazio’s kit and gear, looks mint. Rare to see in football, apart from their boots.

Disappointing draw of 16 due to predictability. Except At v Inter or maybe Barca Napoli. Hurry up quarter finals.

Tough decision now of which match to watch. Fuck PSG so Lazio it is.

Jürgens announcement to leave and Xabi being the favorite for the job - some overhyping going on.

According to many posters here Bundesliga used to be a farmers league until a few weeks ago.

Main reason for Leverkusen being on top is the fact that Bayern have been constantly getting worse over the years.

Going from

• prime Hummels/Boateng to Dier/de Ligt
  • Lahm to Kimmich
  • Alaba to Davis
  • Ribéry/Robben to Gnabry/Sane
  • prime Lewandowski to Kane

Xabi is doing great but over two matches Leverkusen won’t stand a chance against City or Liverpool.

Excellent camera position at the Parc des Princes. In so many moments you see 20 outfield players what they’re doing. One of the best I’ve seen in football.

Wouldn’t rule out Inter, they were the better side in that final and arguably look a stronger outfit this season but I have a feeling this is Bayern’s competition to lose.

Praying that City will play Arsenal or Real in the CL soon and us in the FA Cup. Would help us in the title race.

How do PSG play this drab of football with the players they have. Such half arsed laboury.

I thought Enrique was known for playing decent football?

Even without Neymar, without Messi…a change in manager, a highly respected manager in the game, they still haven’t transitioned out of the “Give us the ball and I’ll show you who’s the flashiest player in the squad” mentality.

Flick over to Bayern to see them almost scoring the team goal of the tournament, what a goal that would’ve been had Musiala not skied that.

Sane still shit then.

Only 3 teams can win CL this season - cheaty, arsenal and madrid.

The rest are crap
Shame we aint in it this year

1 Like

That move was literally the only highlight of an abysmal 1st half.

Arsenal :rofl:

Give Spurs more chance of winning the Prem.

Upa sent off for standing on Isaksen’s ankle, looked slightly harsh.

Immobile sends Neuer the wrong way from the spot.

Upametruck.

Bayern finding out you can take 'Arry out of Spuds, but you can’t take the Spuds out of 'Arry. They have become Spursy.

Christ did Barcola score that counter for their 2nd? Looked like it was Mbappe running onto the end of his heavy touch, electric. Beautiful from Dembele to set it all off.

Between the 2 away sides today, they’ve had 26 shots and 0 on target 🤣

Wild that the red card is considered in anyway controversial. He missed the ball by a mile and stamped down on the lad half way up his shin. All the “controversy” points to is how fucking stupid the convention is that allows a defender to maim an attacker because it didnt stop them getting off their shot.

Lazio will likely regret not putting a hurt on Bayern, having a man advantage for a decent amount of time with a 1-0 lead in Rome and getting nothing more is a missed opportunity.

3 Likes

If Bayern play Sane and Gortzeka Lazio have every chance of going through.

Bayern have been in this position before. Lost first leg or drew and then went down 1-0 early on only for them to spend the next 80 mins just booting the ball into the box