UEFA Champions League

Foden was walking around greeting his team mates and Madrid players after the game. Not injured

Thatā€™s a shame.

https://twitter.com/ProjectFootball/status/1777805486756081862?t=nmtxuKcgIjSWXpKdJBHxpQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/HenryJackson87/status/1777805449510727792?t=oIDw409XAjOf5hCY3qjsXg&s=19

1 Like

Ex-Arsenal ā€œinvincibleā€ Martin Keown is amazed how the pen wasnā€™t given.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

It looked more to me as though Saka kicked Neuer. Saka stretched out his right leg and kicked the goalie and went over. I donā€™t know why he didnā€™t try to score instead. He looked really annoyed at the end. Good! Feel the fume.

2 Likes

I honestly canā€™t believe some people actually think thatā€™s a penalty. Where the hell is Sakas right leg going?

Neur is pulling his leg closer to his own body at that point tooā€¦ Ferdinand saying Neur left his leg out? He knows who is who doesnā€™t he?

2 Likes

You canā€™t understand Arsenal fans and pundits who happen to be ex Arsenal legends view that as a pen? :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m with Tuchel on this 1.

https://twitter.com/footballontnt/status/1777815488338211162

1 Like

Those I can understand, itā€™s the apparent neutrals and fans of other teams thinking itā€™s a pen Iā€™m struggling with.

1 Like

Since Pep started spreading his doping around. I expect Lego man also dopes.

I was trying to help you out of the hole youā€™d dug for yourself.
Plenty of great supporters in Germany. If you were older and wiser youā€™d know that.

1 Like

Also works :rofl:

The ref blew the whistle to restart, so technically a pen. At the very least, the ref couldā€™ve given a yellow card for time wasting if he wanted to not give a pen but still give some punishment rather than just ignoring it.

3 Likes

Absolute shambles from Arsenal and the ref, that was a penalty. Tuchel was right, no bravery to take the right decision because it was so unusual to see.

Saka also with a stupid move to look for a penalty when it seemed like he had enough balance to go past Neuer and potentially shoot at an open goal, to score a winner in the last second.

Brilliant two games, the return legs Iā€™ll have to watch both. One on TV, the other one on my laptop.

2 Likes

He canā€™t not want to give a pen, thatā€™s not an option. Rules are rules and the rules dictate penalty.

This perfectly summarises how refereeā€™s pick and choose what moments they officiate.

1 Like

Saka is just a diver. He leaves a leg in when it he was half round the keeper.

1 Like

Different structure from Real last night, Rodrygo and Vini practically on the same (left) side.

Will be also interesting to see PSGā€™s structure tonight.

Theyā€™ve also been toying lately, switching sometimes from a (often assymetrical) 4-3-3 to 4-diamond-2 lately, with Dembele maybe for the first time in his career in a #10 role.

Whatever happens, both are heavily focused to allow Mbappe have the necessary freedom he needs.

Since Hakimi is suspended for this game, maybe Dembele starts on the right side, to allow them natural width on that side.

An oxymoron

1 Like