UEFA Champions League

vitinha turning into a very nice player for psg

They won the league with their defense. Played quite well on defense in Paris.

If he adjudged it a foul by Araujo then how is it that he didn’t see that it continued into the penalty box?
I thought the game was too big for him.

29 goals scored in this round already and there are two more games to be played.

Absolute fireworks.

Hard to understand Xavi’s argument, just seems to be saying ‘unnecessary’ and that a referee should not make such big decisions. The only real question is whether the foul was in the box or not. It was an obvious foul, and without question denial of a goal scoring opportunity.

That applies to holding - if it starts outside but continues into the box then It’s a pen. This was seemingly judged a trip (maybe a push…don’t know because I do not really see any contact either way up other than an incidental hand on his shoulder) and I trip logically has to happen at a specific point. You cannot trip someone outside the box and continue tripping them. They seemingly determined whatever foul they saw was outside the box, so similar to the Utd VAR issue on the weekend.

It was outside the box, no doubt about it. One thing is body to body, another thing is when there’s clear extra movement of the hand towards the high part of the opponent. I thought it was the neck, but now I see it’s the shoulder.

Attended my first CL match last night while in Barca.

Picked a good one that’s for sure !!

5 Likes

Munich vs Arsenal (2-2)
Cheaty vs Madrid (3-3)

:roll_eyes:

That was my take as well, red outside the box. The only possible argument I see would be that it was a hold that continued into the box, but to my eyes he was brought down outside the 18.

The atmosphere in the city after the match must have been disappointing though. It’s also annoying to see the Qataris nearing the CL trophy with their greasy paws. Hopefully they’ll lose in the semis, to whomever they meet (apart from the Abu Dhabi cheaters of course).

It’s already decided. PSG will play Dortmund in the semis. Would really like to be at the the game at the Westfalenstadion. But that’s not to be. The first leg is in Paris.

1 Like

Will there be Kunst on offer tonight? Or just Cunts? :wink:

One for my German friends

1 Like

No Gnabry or Coman for Bayern tonight. Alphonso suspended as well.

Arsenal at full strength for the 833th game this season.

Come on Madrid!

DAZN Germany showing a simulcast and switching between both matches. Going for that one.

I don’t think I can take 90 minutes of Darren Fletcher’s commentary on TNT though.

so it is possible to keep the ball against the cheaters

1-0 Real

1-0 Madrid