UEFA Champions League

Message from @Iftikhar

I Hope Please GIF

4 Likes

funny i read the two incidents differently.

to me hes off, in this age i know the lino shouldnt call it, but i dont think we can be too upset at someone making the correct decision…Bayern upset in the moment, i understand.

the disallowed goal, my initial reaction was it was no goal, but the more you watch it, the more you see Kimmich blocking the run and Nachos movement carrying through, if anything Kimmich impedes Nacho, gets knocked over too easily and acts it up…its like the west ham keeper where everyone was discussing whether it was play on or a free kick when it wasnt even a foul… we are just conditioned to see a foul…the hands up are the issue obviously, its ‘unfortunate’ he was involved in the goal as it happens anywhere else in the box and the referee doesnt have to make a call.

clearly was not offsides.

The ref crew ruined an otherwise good game

I thought the ref had a great game. Lino clearly ballsed that up at the end

I have no idea if that is offside (remember, the relevent played is the one closer to Mendy not Rudiger), but I cannot even contemplate an argument that the lino was reasonable in putting his flag up with the play still developing given the current VAR protocol.

2 Likes

Yea I thought that, fair play to the ref in an extreme scenario to show everyone around the world how much time was left.

1 Like

https://x.com/matshummels/status/1788236695827018226

4 Likes

I think it’s offside anyway, but it’s not fully conclusive. The Lino messed it up by flagging when the phase should have been allowed to run its course and then be reviewed. The referee blew his whistle because of the Lino’s flag, so no review allowed.

Bayern will feel hard done by. I can understand people in Germany not liking them, but I would have preferred them to beat Real Madrid, given our own dealings with Real Madrid and the sense of entitle they have in Europe, which is even bigger than Bayern’s.

4 Likes

agree the flag should have stayed down, but again we are getting bogged down, if its the correct call, but at the wrong time, its still the correct call.

im not suggesting it was the right way to go about it, but its hardly the crime of the century…making a correct decision.

i still look at the disallowed goal and shake my head…

ive no doubt therell be no end stills and screenshots with Nachos hands all over Kimmichs face, but if you seperate the whole play, kimmich is blocking, then going down way too easily…

i think the referee made the correct decision, but i think Kimmich can chalk it off as one he got away with.

felt for Neuer…never like seeing that.

2 Likes

https://x.com/richjolly/status/1788310107777806549?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g

Ha. Paulis knew talent

2 Likes

UEFA were determined not to have an all German final Bayern were doomed from the start they wanted RM in the Final

I am tempted to make a Spurs-Kane joke, but the reality is that I think that was a fatal error - all of that pressure came after Bayern tried to turn turtle.

3 Likes

everyone has their own opinions and all that…but the best thing Bayern could have done to go through would have been to be a bit more solid in possession, at 1-0 up, it wasnt one of those classic 1-0 away from home games…they were so wasteful in possession

Madrid far the more controlled team, Bayern lucky to stay in the game till so late to be honest, they were well disciplined, but gave the ball away far too easily…felt for Neuer, the fact he had fuck all to do before ‘that moment’ is a credit to him…

1 Like

So utterly devastated for Kane :laughing:

He might have recognised talent, but he didn’t know how to use it

1 Like

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1788311476509311340?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1788311476509311340|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

2 Likes

Neuer’s trying to do a loris karius didn’t help!

It looked more like a Luis Dias type of offside

We cannot possibly tell whether he was offside.

2 Likes

Great game, shame it didn’t go into extra time, it was so good that I didn’t want the game to end at 90.

When Real scored their two goals it was simply… Real. But then Bayern also reminded of their days when you absolutely couldn’t write them off until it’s over. They’re also a massive club.

I think it was a minimal offside, but totally understand the feelings from Bayern’s camp.

Neuer was immense until the two mistakes, although one was bigger than the other.

1 Like