UEFA Champions League

Managers like Carlo and clubs (not that there are many) like Real love when you throw intensity at them and leave spaces. You might catch them here and there on your good and their bad day (shame as we were close, especially in Paris), but quality mainly prevails.

Gulp ! Bodø/Glimt is 1 up and playing pretty fantastic (certainly better than the Serbs). But to become the first ever Norwegian team to get to the Group Stage, they probably need another goal as cushion for the away game. But still, I dare hope.

Ehem, it’s 14-3 in shots (not at goal, but overall). Dominant !

Jonathan David can’t stop scoring.

Maata!!

Lovely finish.

1 Like

:astonished: :exploding_head: :scream: :scream: :pray: :metal:

:frowning:
I don’t think one goal is enough.

Bodo will do it.

RSB were not impressible today, a set piece goal. Meh.

The problem is that Bodø was much better, but scored too few. In Beograd, it is quite different.
I am not very optimistic. But it’s possible certainly.

2 Likes

Young Boys Galatasaray been a good game.

Young Boys went 2 up, Gala brought Batshuayi on who scored with his first touch, then scored again with maybe his 5th touch, almost set up Icardi with an acrobatic attempt. Young Boys awarded one of those really harsh pens you’ll only see in UEFA competitions, goal bound shot big deflection off Bardakci’s thigh then brushes his fingertips before flying over the bar. 2nd yellow to compound his misery. Young boys score the pen.

1 Like

God knows how the draw works for this.

1 Like

I think this is quite clearly the devil’s spawn, nothing to do with God.

3 Likes

I had a look and I thought it was two groups of 18 and you play 8. But no it’s one massive pot of 36 and yet play only 8 teams.

Effectively trying to manufacture the best teams through.

I think my interest is even less so, need to win I’d say 5/6 of the 8 to get top 8, but if you don’t you’ll make the playoff round anyhow most probably.

1 Like

I hate this. I want a good underdog story. I have no interest in seeing moneybags against moneybags.

5 Likes

This sums it up:

Taken from here:

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0268-12157d69ce2d-9f011c70f6fa-1000--new-format-for-champions-league-post-2024-everything-you-ne/

We’re in Pot 1:

2 Likes

Be a bit of a distraction I guess.

Be good to get qualified before Christmas.

They have to use a computer simulation because the permutations and restrictions are so complicated that it would take forever to do it by hand. And of course, that opens the door to conspiracy theories about the simulation being weighted to produce the games they want it to produce.

2 Likes

Open source the algorithm, I dare you!

1 Like

The algorithm

3 Likes

Probably benefit us being in pot one.

1 Like

Think you meant:

2 Likes