UEFA Champions League

Top four would be a good result for them this season, competing with Milan, Atalanta and Napoli to finish as runners up behind Inter.

Great goal by Yildiz, PSV hanging on now.

1 Like

What are Young Boys doing in this competition… :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Fucking idiotic decision.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Results went as expected to be fair. Ours was the toughest.

1 Like

Still a long way to go, though.

4 Likes

12 more matches this round - so upto 6 teams could end up ahead of us in the table - doesn’t mean much, so early on ofcourse, but this race for the Top 8 is going to be very tight I feel - not necessarily for us (we might cruise it or be miles off it), but generally.

2 Likes

These young boys never met villains before it seems

2 Likes

You’d think there is a draw out there in one of them.

I think if you’d put a bet down you’d have chosen those 8 results. I think our game was the one that may have been

1 Like

Fuck sake, I didn’t realize that the increase in games has resulted in a new thursday round of fixtures.

3 Likes

It’s just this week. They revert to Tuesday and Wednesday next time out.

Might be another Thursday at the end up but I can’t remember. Though currently they are all set for the Wednesday at 8pm. Assume that changes.

4 Likes

Ah, ok. I presume they are just taking advantage of the lack of Europa games this week to have an extra night of televised games and so drop the thursday fixtures once the Europa resume?

2 Likes

Pretty much, I’ve noticed they are on next week. It’s why the league cup had fixtures this week.

Edit: Just looked all final games kick off at 8pm on the Wednesday so yeah just the first week.

2 Likes

I cannot believe the comment that Clattenberg made about last night’s refereeing decision! It has created quite a stir among our supporters and more or-less confirmed how much we were diddled in his era and probably continuing now

1 Like

I am moved to say it every time I see he has commented on something, but Clattenburg, a one time top ref, is the textbook case of why hearing the dialogue among officials about a decision they made or demanding they speak after the game, is not going to add clarity. It is only going to illuminate the capriciousness of the decision making

5 Likes

I missed what he had to say, then again that’s a position I take regarding him.

2 Likes

Milan were starting to get agitated about how the game was going so he commented that the ref should just give them a few free kicks to calm them down and make the game easier to manage

3 Likes

Sorry I assumed you already knew as it was in all the sports news but @Limiescouse beat me to it

2 Likes

No worries, but out of the loop since I stopped using certain sites

1 Like

Is anybody on Bologna or Bajcetic watch?

Christ, Blaswich is awful.

1 Like