UEFA Champions League

Arsenal’s set pieces are suddenly markedly better than anyone else’s. What’s changed!

1 Like

Their set piece coach from what the press tell us.

By the way, are Salzburg really bad under Lijnders or is CL a bridge too far for him? 3:0 and 4:0 losses in consective CL matches.

1 Like

6:1

4 Likes

Bhoys getting humped,

1 Like

7:1

6 Likes

BVB 7 Celtic 1.

Looks like normal service returns for Celtic.

4 Likes

When it comes to European games, Bodgers is Bodgers

1 Like

First half, lost in the Dortmund half with 3/4 of the team up in attack.

Second half passed it straight back to Dortmund from defence.

1 Like

Seem to be where they were last season in the league anyhow.

Don’t be surprised if we’re getting linked with Adeyemi in the coming days.

2 Likes

He went off injured just after the break so he looks like a perfect fit.

2 Likes

Already happened, German media started it days ago

6 Likes

CL Table after two games

6 Likes

Oh dear Gallagher. At direct fault for two of the four goals given up by Atleti.

He is far too inconsistent for us to even consider him. Volume of goals and number of performances simply are t there even though the raw talent certainly is there. Sesko at Leipzig is a better all-round striker.

Not sure what to make of the table now. Definitely a good thing we are in the top 9, but the presence of some unlikely sides (and absence of some expected) might end up pushing the qualification bar upward. I don’t think Brest is going to run the table, they might well mean the points needed to qualify for the knock out rounds are that much higher. Overall, the dynamic is going to be very different from the old group rounds where in some groups you could coast after the 4th match day.

Next round Brest play Bayer, so there will be at least one fewer side on max points. Dortmund faces Real Madrid in Madrid, good chance of two fewer.

Barca v. Bayern is also likely to be consequential.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be brilliant with the new format, if the old guard of Champions league teams, apart from us, don’t get through, I would just love it, as Keegan would say.

4 Likes

Real are sometimes iffy in the group stages of the league. They tend to do enough to qualify and then get on the roll.

3 Likes

All the big teams will make it, just some will have to play in the playoff rounds.

5 Likes

I would love it unironically, I’m tired of seeing the “old guard”.

2 Likes