UEFA Conference League

Seemed to be the plan.

Though Alkmaar being generally shit was also helpful.

1 Like

Be grateful we didn’t get sucked into this cup. The Europa is bad enough but this is the equivalent of the Simod Cup. I only watched about 30 minutes and if that was a semi-final, goodness knows what the earlier stages were like.

1 Like

We could still be dragged in.

Cup which was made for someone of the likes of Everton to aspire to.

They’d likely have to finish 7th it’s almost beyond them.

They’ll finish 17th instead.

1 Like

Everton have rarely had two seasons in a row this bad, they’ve usually been

8th
Shit
8th
Shit
8th
Shit

But this will be the second in a row and I’m hardly banking on Dyche making it anymore than a third. I think the PL will punish them so it allows them to make a sign about Everton while doing nothing about Man City so it’s likely they could start with 9 points down.

You wonder with parachute payments and so on whether it may have helped them to go down.

But yeah they won’t be playing in this Stellar competition any time soon.

Will not get a better chance of them being relegated than this term.
They probably be in top half of the table at the end of next season :0(
There is a strong rumour T Rex is getting signed by Utd at the end of this season - so if the Blueshite play their reserve keeper in next seasons games, they should be safe enough :0)

I’m not sure, they won’t be able to change much around and Dyche is of a standard.

I don’t think he generally gets better with better players, if they get a points hit it will be the third season in a row this story plays.

1 Like

Moyes through to his first European final. Won’t be going out of his way to do his old club any favours in the league now.

1 Like

West Ham deserves a massive sanction for failing to control their fans in the first leg, but AZ Alkmaar fans conducted a premeditated attack. That deserves an entirely higher level of sanction. Stadium bans for a season if they qualify for Europe next season.

2 Likes

The Dutch clubs aren’t showing their best in Europe this season (or at home, really). The government, the municipalities, the KNVB and the clubs are all shifting blame on to each other and nobody can agree who’s actually responsible for match day security.

It’s a clusterfuck and it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Eredivisie is hit with a blanket European ban.

1 Like

Ironically might actually strengthen their challenge in Europe the season after as they are less likely to have players picked off and thus more cahnce of building and coherent attacking team.

Pleased for West Ham and also David Moyes. He is a decent guy from things I heard about him during his time here in Liverpool.

I remember hearing a story about Moyesy when he was in his early years at Woodison… Some guy had written into the newspaper to criticise him about something or other… Moysey found out the guys address, and turned up unexpectedly at his house to have a cup of tea with him, to tell him he had it wrong and change this guys opinion :0)

1 Like

Fiorentina vs. West Ham :clap:

It promises to be entertaining.

Great comeback from Fiorentina, I wrote them off after the first-leg.

1 Like

Italy strangely had a good season in Europe.

Suppose Man Utd and Arsenal let us down :joy:

As for Holland I put a few bets on over Europe and the amount of times I’ve seen stoppages in Holland is a bit silly.

Noticed a few in Belgium.

The amount of casual coke use at Belgian and Dutch stadiums is wild. I had a Brøndby season ticket for eight years or so, notoriously ‘forgiving’ of such things, but people are at least making a pretense of discretion.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1666445305548554241?s=20

:rofl: