UEFA Conference League

Taken from a Roma forum when they are 4-1 down “Why are there so many jets flying over in the 19th most populous municipality in Norway.”

It’s F-16’s landing or taking off. Military airfield is on its way to be disbanded, but we have still not fully transitioned to F-35’s, and the scramble jets are online at Bodø. If they were taking on and off several times during the game (because you can hear them incredibly well in Bodø, as the airfield is very close and they fly really low when landing, and make of course a terribly high sound, as everyone who has been around such a base knows), likely means that the Russians were up with a wing. Or not, could have just been ordinary training I suppose. But if it happens several times, it is usually a scramble.

1 Like

Jose looks like Guy Roux in that last pic.

:joy:

Not anymore, really. Totts bottling it big time. How does a Mou-managed team allow six goals? Dreadful.

1 Like

Nice to watch :smiley: He is slithering through the interview much akin to a snake. But I felt a bit sorry for him to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAbIOQeS42Y

I don’t.

Well, I feel more delighted than I feel sorry for him :stuck_out_tongue:

Premier League Football GIF by Bleacher Report

1 Like

Pep Guardiola Reaction GIF

Happy Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

2 Likes

Roma vs Bodø/Glimt tonight. Just mentioning it. I think watching Bodø/Glimt would surprise many of you. Their cohesiveness and tactical organisation in a really, really well glued 4-3-3 ought to probably surprise people positively when it comes to quality.
Roma will field their first team and most likely will, but I am quite sure it will be competitive most of the game and that Glimt will score at least one goal. Because they are really good at scoring goals and make decent players look quite good player.

So yeah, that’s my propaganda for the day. You could do worse than stream this game. It will probably be better, competitively, than many a Premier League game and there is such a nice fairy tale story around Bodø/Glimt and what their excellent coach, Kjetil Knutsson has managed to build, stone after stone. Among the non-Champions League games, this is probably the one to watch this round.

End of indoctrination.

1 Like

Didn’t you recommend some boring game last round? Rebuilding trust doesn’t take overnight :smirk:

That’s true, although I admit that I never in my wildest dreams thought it could end 6-1, lol. I thought actually Bodø had a good chance at a surprising win, but maybe not 6-1 :smiley:

1 Like

Even if they beat Bode 6-1 it wouldn’t be redemption for that.

Probably true. I am fairly sure they won’t beat them 6-1 though. Bodø is too cohesive for such a result. But of course, it can happen I suppose. The last two years, every single Bodø game in Europe has been competitive and they lost 3-2 last year to AC Milan (a game where they were they played very well indeed).
I am far from a fan of them (I have no favorite Norwegian team to speak of), but they are mightily impressive, resources considered, and I don’t say this lightly. Last season they sold their best players. For them to win the Norwegian league this year and play this well in Europe, well, it is nothing short of a coaching miracle. Highly unexpected before the season began.

I think they have a fair chance at a draw in Rome, although I am 70% sure Roma will beat them as they will play their first team and will be out for revenge. This game means a LOT to Roma. If they lose, they risk getting booted out of Europe, a total disgrace for them. So yeah, Roma will probably win, but I am very, very curious to see how well Bodø does tonight. I think they will get a goal at least, although it would almost be a miracle if they got a draw or better given the importance of the game for Roma.

I mean, have a read here (I ran it through google translate, so if you press the article it will be in some what badly translated English).

This club has no rich uncles, no means, no advantages such as Molde or Rosenborg. It is pure coaching work with young local players, cheap foreigners or players bought from lower divisions and coached into their system. Bodø is without means to do what they are doing in the football world, and thus, extraordinary impressive and what football romantics dream of.

1 Like

Roma (4-2-3-1): Rui Patricio - Karsdorp, Mancini, Cristante, Ibañez - Darboe, Veretout - Zaniolo, Mkhitaryan, El Shaarawy - Abraham.

Bodø/Glimt (4-3-3): Haikin - Sampsted, Moe, Lode, Bjørkan - Fet, Hagen, Konradsen - Solbakken, Botheim, Pellegrino.

Berg is Glimt’s midfield general and one of their best players. He is benched, was feeling an injury. But on the bench, so probably not very injured (although an obvious starter if all is well).

Roma seems to be fielded pretty much the expected first team as far as I understand.
Roma fans currently booing Glimt and the Glimt fans very loudly. Atmosphere electric.

On the underdog’s side, Bjørkan, Solbakken, Botheim and Pellegrino the ones to be extra aware of.

Millimeters from 0-1 !!!
Roma will regret giving Glimt such counter attacks !!

Edit:
So far Roma’s offensive play not yet working, Glimt have had 3 counters where you can see they are incredibly dangerous going forward with speed. Solbakken in particular is like Speedy Gonzales.

Stupid 4 post rule.

Edit: Veretout seems injured after a Konradsen tackle. I hope they have to make a sub because I am 100 % non-objective in terms of who I want to win.

Edit: 16 min played, Roma has not yet had a chance. Glimt has.

Edit: Glimt tough in the duels, winning many physical ones. Fair play, but Mancini may have to be subbed now after losing one such duel to the heroic Glimt players trying to counter. Sadly he can continue.
As of now, Glimt is laying compact, allowing Roma little space for chances. Right now, they had their first finish (Roma), decent shot but off target.

Son Heung-Min has scored the first goal in the Jose Mourinho, Nuno Espirito Santo and Antonio Conte eras.

1 Like

Wow, what a sentence !