UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

My point was not about where you live and who you vote for and more about society’s ability, which ever fraction of it, to look the other way rather than be proactive. We defer responsibility left right or centre and whine when things go pear shaped. Yes, the Tories are a mess atm, yes Trus is less than adequate but Labour would be much worse… kidding - but this production did not arrive on Broadway over night, it was years and decades in the making.

The MPs voted for Sunak and the members for Truss. Oversimplification of why these voters did that is dangerous. Understanding their motives beyond that is critical for the Tories and the UK in general.

It’s easy to get worked up in the politics thread, but personal insults are out of line.

5 Likes

It also takes attention away from the shit show that has been unfolding.

Oh…let me guess…

Ok deleted a few posts

There is only one Cunt, and he’s now the chancellor.

FYI he has just said on Sky news that austerity is coming.

3 Likes

That’s the only action that’s called for here? Rinse and repeat.

:thinking:

Made as a joke, and the person it was aimed at did not take offence.

Storm and tea cup.

I also prefer to try moderate privately than in public. I think it’s generally fair to say that all things considered the forum it pretty harmonious. I prefer a soft guidance rather than a strong arm the forum. It’s not perfect but but as a whole I think it’s generally working pretty well.

8 Likes

Apart from the flea sized icon ony phone :wink:

1 Like

Haha yes I need to get on to that !!!

If that’s the case and it’s absolutely no surprise, then Labour need to really jump all over this. Absolutely hammer them.

1 Like

Really? But needed to be deleted nonetheless and @Bekloppt felt the need to call it out? Regardless, repeatedly calling other members cunts seems to be tolerated, notwithstanding what you or your terms of service say.

You know my views. Thanks mate, I’m done.

‘Keir Starner has accused Liz Truss of “grotesque chaos”, referencing Neil Kinnock’s famous 1985 conference speech.’

hmmm , I’m not entirely sure that reminding voters of Neil Kinnock and an election which was snatched away from the jaws of victory , is the most sensible thing to do.

I heard bits of that this morning and it sounded very much like an election campaign speech to me. Might we see a no-confidence motion tabled this week ?

NONSENSE! As a Singaporean, I believe that the death penalty should be made mandatory here!

I deleted it as it could be misconstrued the wrong way/not how it was intended.

To be clear, the person calling him a twat was saying it in his defence !! So is it something I will delete, yep. Is it worth doing anything more about. No it’s not.

1 Like

That wasn’t the post to which I took offence.

2 Likes

ISMF1 for prime minister i say!

There are only a handful of people who would be worse than Truss. Unfortunately most of them are already in her cabinet.

Imagine if the UK was run like TAN.

lionel hutz simpsons GIF

3 Likes

The dreaded interview. So yet another major Truss U-turn.

Some would prefer Rimmer World……