UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

I see she’s put Kwarteng in the next door residence… :eyes:

What was it Elvis sang… :notes: She’s the Devil in Disguise :notes:

1 Like

Is it just me getting old or were politicians more serious / competent when I was younger?

2 Likes

You folks are fucked

1 Like

She is German :wink:

Oh fvck, she supports manc?
Or perhaps she chase after cyclists in France?

3 Likes

Or perhaps she is kinky in bed.

No, I won’t apologice for placing images in your head.

Sigh, I am bored tonight. Maybe I should play a game or try to sleep.

This image made me chuckle…
I can only imagine the stick this woman will be getting now she is PM

1 Like

Latest from Jonathan Pie:

2 Likes

This is her of the Cultural Marxism “gaffe”. She claimed that she didn’t realise that it is antisemitic (which, worryingly, may actually be true) but it demonstrates that she moves in circles where conspiracy theories of neo-Nazis are freely espoused and also that she doesn’t have the intellectual nous to actually look them up before repeating them. This is very worrying for an individual promoted to high office. One can only hope that her Permanent Under-Secretary is a tad more vigilant.

3 Likes

Was it a gaffe or a calculated articulation. For celebrities (and it almost demeans that term) any news is good news. And gaffes that pander to a certain hue of voters and which result in “news”, well that’s just money in the bank or like getting two birds with one stone - win, win.

2 Likes

Well, hence my use of quotes.

I’m not sure what to be more frightened of, that fact that she might mix in those circles or that there is a machine behind her that feeds her these lines that are designed to promote a certain public persona. Maybe even both!

p.s. is she angling for the vacuum left by Patel? Sort of like Patel-lite?

2 Likes

It seems to be the brief of the British Home Secretary to be a bit of a fascist. It doesn’t matter which party it’s always the same reactionary knee-jerk nonsense. It seems to be the same to varying degrees regardless of party. It’s supposed to be the “Law and Order” brief but at best it turns into “Crime and Punishment”. If they had someone who could articulate the difference they might actually improve things.

I’m not sure about Patel-lite. They are both a bit thick. Patel was a nasty little bully. This one seems to have a more psychotic hatred of literally everyone and doesn’t regard the rule of law to apply to her. TBH they are largely interchangeable.

1 Like

From Suella Braverman’s website:

Aspiration, to me, means: rewarding endeavour, enabling compassion and liberating people from the shackles of the state.

Yeah, right.

Let’s see how much compassion she displays in her new role.

1 Like

Liberating people from the shackles of the state…

And she works for the state that is shackling people…I know what she means , but still a strange statement

1 Like

Braverman is a fucking numpty.

2 Likes

jack black salute GIF

1 Like

Starmer seems to be taking it very easy on Truss in PMQs so far…