UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

1 Like

Itā€™s a high bar. Heā€™s bad just in a different way to a number of runners who are just bonkers. From day one as a chancellor he was effectively giving himself a brand rather than delivering work as part of the government. Truss (and Patel?) followed suit.

As a chancellor, I think he was fairly abysmal - but much of that may be because I donā€™t share his world view on economics.

I genuinely donā€™t see what he would offer as a PM.

6 Likes

So itā€™s an old timey country lore type thing rather than a cutting edge urban art movement

Yep, couldnā€™t agree more. At least he didnā€™t go full Truss (never go full Truss) who tried to Thatcher and changing her voice to try and sound more assertive.

Major criticism of Sunak has been that he has no connection or idea of the problems that face people in the UK. Heā€™s completely removed an disconnected from it.

3 Likes

Watched that from beginning to endā€¦ that Boris Johnson is unā€¦f**kin believableā€¦!
Quicker they get him out of No 10 and gone for good the better

2 Likes

Wow, fair play. It would probably make me sick and angry watching it all from start to finish. But the clips Iā€™ve seen are, as you say, unbelievable. They really go to town against him.

1 Like

I accept that alot of departments in the government are under funded. In my case they actually owe me money but are chasing me, maybe they should be more selective on where they allocate their resources.

ā€¦Or maybe they should be properly funded to enable them to deliver the service they should be providing, and recruit the people with the skills they need to go after those not paying their taxes properly.

3 Likes

itā€™s a good analogy for defining an idiot in a position of authority which is beyond their means.

Microsoft ā€œIs your system up to date?ā€
It dept responsible for serious security and GDPR compliance ā€œWe do it monthly on the weekend so as not to disrupt the staffā€
Microsoft ā€œNot our problem then, entirely your fault, whateverā€™s happenedā€

Itā€™s uncannyā€¦

Itā€™s almost like the kid is a product of both the old men without any involvement from the mother.

But my facial recognition is terrible, as is the slur youā€™re levelling hereā€¦

The amount of Monday morning ā€œproblemsā€ after a weekend ā€œsecurity upgradeā€ Iā€™ve had is nuts.

on an unrelated matter, I wasnā€™t sure if BoJo actually resigned. I had a wiki link pop up so I read it. had no idea he was born in NY.

:0)

2 Likes

Yep, canā€™t test the whole system till the users are back.

Is that actuallyā€¦ real?

I thought this was a nod to internet silliness at first, but this is now the third time youā€™ve raised this. You donā€™t actually believe it do you?

1 Like

:person_shrugging: look up a pic of Pierre, and you tell me who he looks like.

Ed Balls