UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

She actually wrote (dictated?) a book :exploding_head:

It probably needed quite a bit of padding considering the lack of prime ministering she had to write about.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

One assumes that said focus groups did not feature epidemiologists

And yet she still managed to pull off the dribbling idiot look.

Quite remarkable, really.

1 Like

Were those genuine comments from her in her book?
I despise violence against women, but I’d happily punch her hard.

1 Like

She wouldn’t notice

Trying to remember what he said during the COVID inquiry on this now.

the thing with that Truss quote from the book, is she has a point.

its definately tone deaf, and could be presented differently, but the overiding point is these things should be in place for her, shes (meant to be) running the country, not worried about her next hair appointent.

you can garuntee, especially for a female, that if she went to the morning presser presenting like a female version of Bojo she would have copped pelters…same with the basic medicine cabinet…why isnt it just stocked properly for the person who is meant to be 100% focussed on running the show

so whilst she seems like a completely inept politician…her point is valid…

its a bit like asking Virgil to set out the cones, and asking trent to wash the bibs…

I wonder how May and Thatcher coped. Genuine question there.

Like Mad hatters!

Please don’t compare Truss to our players.
It’s been a horrible week and I can’t take any more.

2 Likes

What the hell, she couldn’t do her own make up or hair?! No amount of hairspray or foundation could cover up the mess she made for the country.
Majority of us were struggling with household bills, high food prices, high interest rates.

I have no sympathy for ‘that woman’ after she crashed the economy and put our mortgages up. She deserves all the criticism she gets.

4 Likes

Except she chose her chief of staff, and all the immediate circle who are supposed to run the prime minister’s office. If something wasn’t happening to her satisfaction, it was a failure of the people she picked, first and foremost. The fact that she was seemingly unable to get in place the team to run her personal office speaks volumes about her ability to run the country.

That she felt the need to mention it just confirms, yet again, what a vacuous, unintelligent, incompetent moron she is.

It is truly remarkable that she made it to that gig. You can understand easily how Johnson and Sunak got there.

Truss…you’d have a better chance of explaining particle physics to my five-year-old than identifying any leadership capabilities in that soggy lettuce.

2 Likes

That was my take too. It’s almost like she expected it to be monarchistic. I’ve no problem with the Prime Minister having people who can sort out stuff like hair appointments, but she is the one that needs to put her staff in place.

1 Like

I’m sure she felt that it did, and it would be a significant issue unless what @Arminius is saying is correct, that she can’t even figure out whose responsibility it was.

Sums her up, really.

1 Like

iirc the ‘leadership process’ lasted for a few weeks, at least. They even had debate/s.

Why the fuck wasn’t she putting in place a proper staff then? It’s not like she was a fuckwit MP one day, and then a fuckwit PM the next.

She was probably too busy dreaming of being in Beijing whilst eating cheese and pork sandwiches.

Yes it is. It’s exactly like that.

WITH NO WARNING!!!

I CAN’T WORK LIKE THIS!!!

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: