UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

https://twitter.com/InsideNo11/status/1765336590065315997?t=BB7vLCpG_c90t9rSwNOCUw&s=19

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think we wouldn’t have much choice, and in five years what is now regret at leaving the EU could be a clamour to get back in, regardless of any drop in status.

My other fear is that what we’re seeing now is the start of fascism. Britain is absolutely ripe for a fucknut to sweep into politics and take advantage of a shattered population. Just like Germany in the 30s.

1 Like

They have already done that. Once someone starts to disregard the rule of law, they undermine the basis for democracy in the first place.

2 Likes

I thought there was quite a lot going on with this one:

Edit: Sorry couldn’t link to the image.

Now, do you want that price in pounds or Euros?

Sovereigns, of course.

Lettuces

Reform Party or Racist Party?

2 Likes

The bar room bigot comes home to roost?

2 Likes

To be fair he tried to get sacked and couldn’t even manage that.

Probably took a 30p taxi ride instead.

I am so looking forward to this cunt losing his seat.

2 Likes

This article hits the nail squarely on the head:

Unless Labour does a comprehensive u-turn once in office, the billionaire minority which controls the rightwing media has won. Again.

2 Likes

As discussed here only days ago, it’s really hard to know what they can do in office after the economy has been destroyed.

Not continuing with the Conservatives’ policies would be a good start.

4 Likes

At least it’ll be someone else kicking the shit out of sick people. :rofl:

Have economic policies that might change things, perhaps?

It’s, just give up it’s not worth the hassle!

Economically speak they don’t have a lot of scope for drastic action.

You can look back at the Atlee Government of an example where Labour took office in desperate circumstance, and created the NHS, the Welfare State, and Legal Aid.

However back then, even coming out of the war, debt was something like 30% of GDP, whereas today it’s over 100%. It’s really difficult to borrow in that context.

My go to has always been to tax wealth. But as Arminius pointed point the other day, most wealth is now highly mobile and tied to the financial sector, rather than manufacturing. It is phenomenally difficult to get that money back now.

Which would be?

Oh sorry I’ll just give up and accept a government worst than the Tories, like Starmer has!