UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

That she felt the need to mention it just confirms, yet again, what a vacuous, unintelligent, incompetent moron she is.

It is truly remarkable that she made it to that gig. You can understand easily how Johnson and Sunak got there.

Truss…you’d have a better chance of explaining particle physics to my five-year-old than identifying any leadership capabilities in that soggy lettuce.

2 Likes

That was my take too. It’s almost like she expected it to be monarchistic. I’ve no problem with the Prime Minister having people who can sort out stuff like hair appointments, but she is the one that needs to put her staff in place.

1 Like

I’m sure she felt that it did, and it would be a significant issue unless what @Arminius is saying is correct, that she can’t even figure out whose responsibility it was.

Sums her up, really.

1 Like

iirc the ‘leadership process’ lasted for a few weeks, at least. They even had debate/s.

Why the fuck wasn’t she putting in place a proper staff then? It’s not like she was a fuckwit MP one day, and then a fuckwit PM the next.

She was probably too busy dreaming of being in Beijing whilst eating cheese and pork sandwiches.

Yes it is. It’s exactly like that.

WITH NO WARNING!!!

I CAN’T WORK LIKE THIS!!!

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Not sure if there’s a Hillsborough thread, but this is a great piece by Ian Byrne MP, one of the few shining lights in that parliament.

4 Likes

That was EXACTLY my thought.

1 Like

So I just now learned the title of Truss’ memoir…“Ten Years to Save the West”…

Right.

There’s a film and a future quiz night question in this somewhere

Should be ‘I forgot to put the lettuce in the fridge, ten years on’.

So this new smoking bill.
Unless I’m mistaken, Johnny who was born in 2010 will never be able to legally buy cigarettes?
Good luck enforcing that in 2050 when he’s fucking 40.

Welcome to today’s instalment of Dane totally fucking misses the point.

When Johnny is 40 he won’t want to, and with an influx of new smokers the market for cigarettes will have collapsed anyway

No-one at 40 years old think ‘I think I’ll start smoking - that will make me look edgy and cool’

2 Likes

Yeah she proper embarrassed herself again with her half arsed argument.

Johnny aged 40 has an elderly housebound parent, and goes to get his parents shopping.
Oops.
Well done you for jumping the fucking gun as usual.
Where in my post did I mention Johnny smoking the cigarette?

Yeah whatever made him think that? I assumed Jonny just wanted the packet for some calculations

Well we all know what assume does

What if they wouldn’t be housebound if they had never smoked?

1 Like

Checkmate, atheists!

Well there is that I suppose, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But just picture poor Johnny, explaining to a young checkout assistant, “They’re for my mum, honest”