Virgil VAN DIJK: 2022/23

Worst thing is too many playing like shadows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Van Dijk’s recent comments about needing to find consistency are baffling. We aren’t great in one game and average in the next; we are consistently bad all the time. We’ve been outplayed and outworked in just about every game we’ve played. Makes you wonder what are they are talking about and working on behind the scenes.

I watched Netherlands vs Belgium and he was indeed his usual imperious self. He was a lot better protected but he also looked so much more assured and comfortable. Pinging balls to the sides effortlessly, snuffing out potential dangers in their infancy, getting the winner as well. He comes back and he is instantly a level below. I just don’t get it.

I think he’s referring to our play within a game. Despite what the relentless pile on has been like, we have actually had spells within games where we were good, and some where we were not so good, and some rather disastrous (whether or not they got punished). And I think Jürgen and the players recognise it, despite what some idiots on here seem to think.

His best game of this season. :clap:

1 Like

Big players step up in big games.

1 Like

Looked like the best defender in the world again today.

4 Likes

Still never lost a premier league game at Anfield. :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Jep a proper performance from our big guy.

I still don’t know how he put that one over the bar. It looks like it’s a certain own goal every time.

The long diagonal pass finally being inch perfect, interceptions even before the attacker faces the goal, dominating in the air and clearing the headers to one of our players somehow! Signs of pre-injury VVD those.

We look solid at the back with VVD looking good again. It’s evident when he is performing at his best, he’s just at the right place where he’s needed and cuts off most of the attack. Long may it continue.

Have no idea how he didn’t at least hit the target with the two big chances he had yesterday. One is already weird for a player of his calibre, but then two…

surprised that nobody is mentioning the failed streak? what was it, 5 seasons without a loss at home?

When did he lose?

@PeachesEnRegalia

season 5 richard GIF

Haha @Semmy

Good one