What's happening?

Weather here has been beautiful for three weeks now.
It’s like nature is compensating for all the shit out there.

1 Like

Thought I was in the Russia invades Ukraine thread for a second there.

Vlads burning at the stake? Too much to hope for, I suppose.

3 Likes

It’s an oft made point that you wouldn’t notice an invasion or terrorist attack in Valencia. It’s bad taste and not entirely true but the whole city bangs for 5 days then a surprising amount of it burns.

Ah, the old bang ‘n’ burn. I’ve suffered from that a few times.

2 Likes

:scream: :nerd_face:

I bet that was a very long tiome ago. :grin:

1 Like

that from having a wank after cooking with hot peppers?

Currently planning a trip to the UK (Manchester Airport) , first time in over three years , and amazed to see how much car hire companies are asking.

The last time I was over I remember paying about £200 for a week through a third party website , but for the life of me I can’t remember what the firm was called. Now I’m getting quotes of anything up to £1k from aggregator sites !

Does anyone know of any firms that aren’t in the extortion business , or have any tips to working around them to get a cheaper hire ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steal one! :grinning:

1 Like

Most recently used KAYAK, they had cheaper rates than booking direct with the agency once, but the subsequent one I booked direct with the rental agency because it was no different. Not in Manchester, but still less than £200 for a week…

It’s mostly an effect of covid. The global limitation on semi conductors impacted production of new cars and so the value of second hand cars went up considerably. Rental car companies were left with a fleet of cars being underused because no one was travelling and so sold a lot of their stock and now are struggling to keep up with demand now it has returned.

1 Like

I got caught the last time. :slightly_frowning_face:

I knew there had to be some explanation for it. Cheers.

1 Like

I tried them but still way expensive. I will take another look. Cheers.

Honestly, I think in this case it’s very location-specific. It’s much more expensive at the airport as opposed to Manchester City Centre.

@peterroberts if you can be more flexible with your travel, try looking at other locations. It tends to be cheaper if you’re looking at less popular areas. E.g. I once booked at half the price in Lancaster compared to Carlisle, and even between Liverpool and Warrington can be quite different in price.

2 Likes

Yeah , I’m just beginning to realise that. Cheers la.

The missus has just decided that she doesn’t like thyme.

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

What are your dates? Returning to Manc? I have a few accounts with local companies. Happy to have a crack at it for you. Sometimes much better to train out of MAN and goto a local branch. Done it many times in the US.

1 Like