What's happening?

Cheers @Sithbare and every one of my fellow reds! Definitely a BIG help.

2 Likes

quite frankly @koptician is a better guy than i am. Not sure Iā€™ll be big enough to be doing what he is.

2 Likes

I suspect you know that once you go down that road, the only winners are the lawyers. Hoping you can do this amicably.

2 Likes

Oh @Klopptimist do I ever! We were never registered married (just a religious ceremony) and so for all intents and purposes were cohabitating. When we split back in 2017 I had a lawyer on retainer for months and didnā€™t need her for anything. Wasted money.
And it just so happens my sister is a corporate lawyer who tries to make me lawyer up at the drop of a hat.

Iā€™m sure you would mate if it was for your kids

1 Like

I liked Madrid, loads to do. My daughter loves it however she was there in November the last time and staying with ā€˜a friendā€™ living near the center.
This time round we couldnā€™t get our phones connected (which was a problem everywhere we went (even the rented car only managed to connect once in 10 days and reveal itā€™s gps). To use the ā€˜city bikesā€™ this connectivity is essential (from what I can gather). The ā€˜scootersā€™ my daughter already had on her phone however I refused (Iā€™m too old and clumsy to risk for me imo).
I got out to San Lorenzo to see what I went for principally and those hills ā€˜behindā€™ Madrid are lovely (more my style).
Food is more expensive however compared to Valencia/AlicantĆ© better and thereā€™s a lot more ā€˜Tapas barsā€™ and the central market is superb for freshly cut fruit and more Tapas.
Btw we stayed near the airport and took the metro which at 3 euros the journey is great if your that far out but expensive if your near the center (hence the ā€˜city bikesā€™ comment). Also I found the museums confusing and unorientated, you need to be quite cultured I imagine to really get the best out of them.

2 Likes

I would have taken the kids back and left the ex.

Thanks for the info.

Need some consumer advice please.
Replaced my 10 year old laptop, with a fucking Chromebook.
Bought in error, genuinely didnā€™t notice that no Microsoft Office or usual Windows features are available on this.
As Iā€™ve not installed any software on this device, and all browsing history is auto erased, can I just return and exchange saying bought in error?

Cheers.

Where did you buy it from? Without knowing the full details, I would say yes but it would be worth checking the returns policy first.

How long have you had it and where did you buy it? Presume you have all original packaging?

Argos, 2 days ago.
Reading further into their returns policy, I broke the security seal to open the box so Iā€™m guessing the changed my mind option is gone.
Might need to damage it

Hereā€™s what Iā€™d do. Take it back to the store you bought it from and tell them the truth being very polite about it and throw yourself on their mercy. If they then refuse, you can then engineer a way that it wonā€™t work and take it back to a different branchā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m not very strong on polite.
Replacement arriving this evening, complete with Windows 11.
Didnā€™t need to grovel or leave my armchair.
Result.

1 Like

You have my deepest sympathy.

Works for me

Oh it works but itā€™s a hateful bastardisation of a previously decent product. Set it up without a MS account, now thereā€™s a challenge. Win 7 was excellent. 10 thought it was IOS and 11 thinks for itself. Douglas Adams was incredibly prophetic.

I have this hypothesis with Microsoft that there is a tussle between the marketing men and the engineers with regards to Windows such that one release will be a marketing manā€™s wet dream and the next will be fixed by the engineers so that it actually works.

Windows 95 looked modern at the time but was a hackers delight
Windows 98 was stable
Windows Me was designed to keep tech support in a job
Windows XP just worked and halved the helpdesk calls
Windows Vista was an abomination that ate hardware
Windows 7 just worked
Windows 8 was impossible to use on a PC
Windows 10 works brilliantly on anything
Windows 11 does work but you canā€™t find everything.

Windows 12 is out next year.

Classic Shell is my friend.

2 Likes

Anybody else in the NW realise that the hand washing car stations won the lottery last night? Full tilt sahara rain storm here.