What's happening?

Looks very dapper…and a bit hot n sweaty…weatherwise…may I add…

1 Like

In that attire…

I’m guessing your the butler? :wink:

I’m so glad it got diagnosed in time. Having lived with diabetics (and a neighbour who was a diabetic from birth) it’s totally manageable as long as you stay on top of it. Shouldn’t be a barrier to doing anything in life. All the best to your son!

3 Likes

That fringe is struggling a bit

I’m about 2 months late for a trim.

6 months early more like.

I’ll have 2 apple ciders please.

I forgot that it was Alarm-test day in Germany today. Just jumped out of my skin when my damn phone went berzerk.

I assume it’s some kind of national alert system for disasters etc?

They did a test run of something similar in the UK earlier this year.

1 Like

Yes, they do an annual test involving all the air raid sirens, radio channels and communication channels. They tried the phone thing for the first time last year.

It looks like there were a few problems this year. We didn’t get the sirens going off locally which may have been related to a NATO exercise earlier in the year. Quite a few mobiles didn’t get the alerts but we did get some interference on the medical monitoring devices that have a SIM as a backup - they aren’t mean to be affected.

Didn’t it cause bedlam at the Crucible during the snooker?

Nah, that was a load of balls.

1 Like

I had figured air raid sirens were a thing of the past, in Europe at least anyway.

Well, I suppose that they are general warning sirens but they sound the same. They had them in Rotterdam when I was working through there as well.

1 Like

Was in a town in the US once, about 8 the sirens went off. Turned out it was the curfew. Kids under a certain age had 15 mins to get home (think it was 18). Sounded again 15 mins later. Was after a series of quite nasty attacks.

2 Likes

I blame the parents.

2 Likes

Phone, laptop, sirens all went off simultaneously. If the world ends we’re in excellent shape here I guess.

1 Like

The Young Pope GIF

Youll have a heads up and itll be chaos

On Fire Help GIF by ADWEEK

Drag Race Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race