What's happening?

Funerals are the only occasion when I see most of my extended family.

3 Likes

One of my many cousins (lost track, in @Commando ’s camp here) had a saying. we only get together when somebody’s hatched matched or dispatched. Love it.

My Sister’s ex husband’s family have a party every year for the sake of it. Not a birthday or a wedding or a funeral, just get together and enjoy a family night. An idea we could all follow.

1 Like

We do exactly the same after one of my Nephews mentioned it at the funeral of one of my Sisters. We have a party on the Saturday of the Autumn bank holiday weekend. We’re such a large family that there are still Great Nephews and Great Nieces that I’m still meeting for the first time. I’ve even got Great, Great Nephews and Nieces now.
The parties are just like any wedding, 18th, 21st, 40th etc. Except nobody gets up and makes a speech to thank everyone for coming. :+1::nerd_face:

4 Likes

Mrs has 3 cousins, knows them obviously very well, I’ve got 80 ish and the 3rd generation are alien to me.

I wouldn’t know where to start with counting my extended family. One Nephew of mine has kids to three different women (that we know of). :scream::nerd_face:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

Your nephew isn’t called Boris by any chance is he?

1 Like

The CRS chefs took 5 hours to prepare a pîcnic. No wonder they are useless!

1 Like

How’s this for an odd day? Spending it in the pub with a very good friend who’s auctioning off his rather extensive life’s collection of toys watching it streamed on youtube. Then 5 a side @6. Hic…,.

3 Likes

What sort of toys? I’ve never collected toys (aside from an extensive Scalextric set as a kid) but I’ve always been fascinated by old toys.

There was an extensive collection at a museum I visited in Jever a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Sorry hear about your uncle @gasband, my condolences to you and the family.:palms_up_together::pray:

1 Like

Going for our club kickabout proudly wearing my red LFC top. If I see a spurs top…let’s just say I’ll “earn” the red cards for Curtis and Diogo

1 Like

Trafford Centre on a Sunday, kill me now.

Big mistake. I’m sitting quietly, watching the Ryder Cup.

Oh dear…find a tea shop

Guess what? All my Spurs supporting teammates were totally apologetic about yesterday.

2 Likes

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Laser Quest with 4 of us and an Irish rugby team. 24 players. Take a wild guess who won :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

France.

October 1.

7pm.

30°c.

This is not fucking normal.

4 Likes

I agree, being in France is not fucking normal.