What's happening?

Adelaide is a “Piss-ant Town” according to certain experts.
Not sure why that’s hyphenated.

In Australian grammical nuances, the hyphen is used to express and indicate said experts’ superior looks, charm and general top blokish stature.

Or so that expert once told me

Rather drink with pissants than…well, I just like to drink with pissants.

That’s why you’re not called Aussie-lad then I suppose.

Wow man the Adelaide jealousy is strong in here. What’s the matter Craig, are you missing writers week and the festivals?

1 Like

Don’t blame me, I’m just quoting certain experts. I’m sure it’s a charming “Piss-ant Town”, whatever that means.

I’m sure Adelaide is dead nice. Everywhere is, really.

Overheard in a bar in Jersey:

“What’s it the fuckin’ Russians say for cheers?”

“I dunno. Strongbow or some shit.”

1 Like

I am in the urgent treatment centre, Ealing Hospital :face_with_thermometer::mask:. I have been having this throat infection since Thursday, now it has gone to my ears, was on paracetamol, but it’s not shifting, now my ears are burning, i have lost my voice.

4 Likes

Hope everything will be okay!

I hope so, all I need is Amoxycillin, i had this before when I saw the GP, i know what i have but called the NHS helpline and they said if your symptoms get worse go to the treatment centre hub. They could have prescribed me antibiotics over the phonr and i could have started the antibiotics course yesterday.:face_with_thermometer:

I didn’t want to wait until tomorrow to see the GP, i don’t want it becoming a chest infection :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Docs n NHS aren’t happy about prescribing antibiotics…but if u need them…hope everything is ok…

2 Likes

I know, but i know my symptoms and they can’t fob me off, as i say to them ’ i am a microbiologist ’ , i know an infection when i see and feel one, and when i mention a few medical terms, they take me seriously.

I am trying to save them and hospital the time. I don’t want a chest infection :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hopefully they give you what you need.Chest infections are not nice with the cold wet weather at this time of year.Look after yourself.

3 Likes

Definitely not. I lost most of January with pneumonia and it’s not nice.

2 Likes

Thank you guys and gals.
Am on the Amoxycillin, luckily my chest is clear though.

Made chicken and vegetables soup.
Now drinking ginger tea, with cinnamon stick and cloves😬

2 Likes

How are you now? If you have chest congestion, try honey :honey_pot: with warm water.

Sort of, I am abit better than this morning. Yes, i put honey in every hot drink. Now, on the green tea, with ginger, lemon and honey.

In bed with the radio on and waiting for the match.

3 Likes

Crush some ginger and extract the juice. Mix it with honey and have a tablespoon every morning for 3 days.

I have been doing that since Thursday mate. I am fed up :upside_down_face: :tired_face: