What's happening?

Florida is uncomfortable at all times of year. It’s a nasty combination of rednecks, rich Republicans, religious fanatics, biting insects and alligators.

1 Like

You forgot snakes, Cottonmouths and Rattlers. But they probably moved away since Trump settled there.

Are you having a tour of Glasgow on Saturday?

1 Like

I had an idea to one day retire there, but for all the reasons you say I’ve gone off it.

I will take my vacation experience for what it is. Pool, beach, sunshine, cool drinks, nice dinner, sunset. Rinse, repeat. The villa has a screened in pool overlooking a golf course, so biting insects will be minimal. We may have a couple of bigger days and get on the water or rent a boat or whatever, as we love to see marine life.

Anyway, FL definitely has lurched to a fairly extreme right sort of place, and there are plenty of rednecks too, so I doubt I will retire there, but in small vacation doses I will take the good parts.

1 Like

Sorry man, didn’t want to spoil your trip. I totally know that swimming pool/golf course arrangement :wink:

2 Likes

:0) - An Englishman abroad

3 Likes

Play her favourite music…and get her to sing a long…u could join in as well…the power of music and song is a wonder…

1 Like
  • but not if her favourite music is Ed Sheeran.
4 Likes

Oh sure, do that all the time, she loves music and singing.
And no, it’s not Ed Sheeran.

2 Likes

Oxymoron

Well, emergency vet for the second time in a few weeks! We are trying to leave tomorrow, ugh.

Bernedoodle, big unit, great temperament… a few weeks ago he got a massive hematoma on one of his large ears. Needed surgery and loads of stitches. Turned out the little bastard Jack Russell we have likes to hang off his ears as she tries to play/attack him. When he opens his mouth her whole head goes inside and she settles down, as she knows he could kill her with one bite, but he never would. Basically the Jack Russell is a fearless little bastard, and it will swing on his ear if it gets the chance.

Bottom line, even after surgery the hematoma came back, but fortunately this time they could drain it. Now Mrs ROTW is all worried to leave them. We have a house sitter and this person also works with dogs and is just about the best possible person we could have, but Mrs ROTW is worried.

All this is to say I love Jack Russell’s. Had one as a kid. So intelligent. So fearless. So much character.

But they also bring a circus with them.

3 Likes

Should have taken the train…

1 Like

Have a great time. :beach_umbrella: :golf: :plate_with_cutlery: :shark:

1 Like

God, no. You’re going to come back a rightwing nutjob.

2 Likes

BBC radio 2 is good.
Dont need the radio for news or current affairs, I get all the biased agenda driven drivel on here

1 Like

I didn’t have time. We were up until1:30 am this morning, warming up for tonight’s house do.

I went to see a mutual friend, who is in a hospice in Dunbarton. It was nice but sad to see our friend. She is in good spirits and we had some laughs. Outside her room, I was in tears. She got married last week. She is hanging in there. This is the part of life I don’t like.

The hospice grounds are beautiful and serene. There is Ski slope there.

The weather is good here. I am in Newton Mearns.

Tomorrow is the proper function in the hotel in the city centre.

4 Likes

Last night’s do went on until 1:15 which was good.
The surprise. In between the Arabic electro- funk, Abba’s dancing queen, bollywood numbers!, Y.N.W.A went on since all the Groom’s family are staunch LFC fans and some of the London lot are Arsenal, Chelsea and a few ManU, we all belted out in unison out of tune in a line linking arms, but it was good fun.

Today, signature song will be ‘Loch Lomond’.

6 Likes

The reason why I am still awake and cheerful and ready for the final round of the official event. I drank abit of IronBru and coffee yesterday. I swear it works!:smiley:

7 Likes

Isn’t Irnbru dandelion and burdock, plus the coffee will have you weeing youself every 5 minutes. That’s how it works. :laughing:

1 Like

I the amount of dancing we did, we sweated it out.

1 Like