What's happening?

Scottish equivalent of red bull and vodka i guess.

Had one of them once. Never again. Apart from going a bit silly at the party I was at, I then refused to join a taxi ride home and ran it instead. Over 4 miles of it.

Woke early the next morning kneeling on the floor with my head on the bed.

That was the very day of Ronaldo’s funny turn prior to the world cup final. He was not alone.

4 Likes

So you are R9 and I claim my £5

2 Likes

Irn Bru being compared to Dandelion & Burdock and Red Bull.

Sacrilege

2 Likes

Hahahahahahaa

https://x.com/YakCarnt/status/1807070312648912902?t=og1H976hqPBqsuq1kmdDwQ&s=19

1 Like

Wasn’t like that in my day.

1 Like

Yeah but the flowers on your front porch are lovely :wink:

Right :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why not state the obvious Lee

'Foden has to stay behind the ball’published at 18:11

18:11

England 0-1 Slovakia

Lee Dixon
Former England defender on ITV

I am frustrated for Phil Foden as there is no need for him to go offside.

He has to stay behind the ball and he would have still got it.

1 Like

Thankfully not carrying that much weight

Me and my missus are leaving NYC next Saturday. Heading to Buffalo to visit her parents for a little while and then we’re Philly bound in August.

Never thought I’d say it, but I can’t wait to get back to Buffalo. I do like NYC, in some ways, but the work/life balance to just survive here is taking it out of me. There might be too much money in the city for me to really take to it.

Also looking forward to Philly. Weird Quaker alcohol laws aside, at least I’ll be close to a proper baseball team.

Anyone here from Philly?

2 Likes

Not too far from Caerphilly :grimacing:

3 Likes

Took our time over 2 days traveling to FL. Sitting in the lanai by the pool at the vrbo right now, cocktail in hand, and one of those early evening FL thunder storms is rolling through. Very peaceful.

Listened to the England game in the car today, driving here. I will check it out now that we are situated, but it sounds like more stale rubbish, and a last ditch Bellingham special to go to extra time, when Kane scored and we shut up shop. Next up the Swiss, and looking through their team, they are better than I thought before the tourney.

1 Like

My worst enemies in FLA:

1 Like

Ouch!

1 Like

Survived the week…just about.

2 Likes

Who’d you see?

Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Justice were the headline acts I watched. All three put on fantastic shows, Coldplay aren’t really my cup of tea but it was quite an experience being amongst that crowd.

Personal highlights were Avril Lavigne, Bloc Party, Little Simz, Annie Mac and The Snuts. Sugababes was probably the best crowd atmosphere. Cyndi Lauper was fucking awful.

Been a few years since I went so spent a lot of time exploring the site rather than making the mistake loads of people make by legging it between stages. Brushed shoulders with a very ropey looking Noel Gallagher in the early hours of Saturday morning.

3 Likes

Cool, yeah, saw Cyndi, very Bidenesque.

It was hard to hear her in the crowd, her microphone was incredibly quiet. I don’t know how it sounded on tv but maybe there was a reason for that :grimacing:

Same, and she managed to be out of time and out of tune nearly all the time. She even messed up GJWHF.
It was sad actually because she’s a likeable person.

Will check Little Simz.

Also want to see Disclosure, Dexys, LCD Soundsystem and a few others.