What's happening?

I just got back from holiday and was totally oblivious to any of this. Thanks for that very informative resumé , and I’m glad to hear you’re well.

3 Likes

Fuck me mate, that’s some serious shit to live through. My best hopes and wishes to you and yours.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Love you, Ifti. You always have a home here if you need.

1 Like

Nice to know you and your family are safe Iftikhar

2 Likes

Glad you’re safe Ifti, hope things calm down soon.

1 Like

Why! Why!! Why!!! Why reinstall a crooked system you yourselves had scrapped six years ago?

Bangladesh student leaders arrested ‘for their own safety:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I went out today. Saw some thing and talked with some people; wish I hadn’t. Mates, we are in shit, I mean deep, deep shit.

10 Likes

7 Likes

Bangladeshis in USA, Canada, UK, and Australia are protesting and pleading with those governments for an inquiry into the violence and killings.

The Internet ban has been partially lifted and people are able to share and verify stories. It’s getting worse by the day. Literally thousands are missing and so far 10000 has been arrested.

4 Likes

Today, she claimed that those helicopters shooting from the sky were actually dousing the fires set by the protesters.

3 Likes

Expatriate Bangladeshis send around $15 Billion annually. Now they are sending money through unofficial channels so that the government doesn’t get their hard-earned foreign currency.

The government hasn’t just killed thousands, now they are going to ruin the economy too. Sheikh Hasina is our Netanyahu. Save Bangladesh :bangladesh: is trending.

5 Likes

Who is the terrorist here???

5 Likes

It’s so frustrating that the focus shifts away from us so quickly. Couldn’t find any worthwhile news on international media.

4 Likes

I am focused on you, Ifti. YNWA.

4 Likes

The Bangladesh situation was mentioned at the end of the “Rest Is Politics” podcast this week:

It’s only a very superficial thing, but that Podcast does have a fairly wide political reach in the UK. The presenters are Alastair Campbell, who was Tony Blair’s (controversial) press secretary and Rory Stewart who is a former Conservative minister with an interest in overseas development and international relations.

Overall, I would say that Bangladesh doesn’t tend to feature that highly on world news. For example, there was a feature on German news about the protests but it was framed in terms of the potential inpacts on India. Having said that, DW, the German world service news, have had a few features on it:

3 Likes

They have been fishy since 2018. Meanwhile,

12000 and counting.

4 Likes

Terrorist :rofl:

Nearly 7% devaluation in two weeks.

2 Likes